Avis Rent A Car System, Llc / Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses!
I rented a car at the Sky Harbor Airport site on 2/16/07. When I returned the car on 2/19/07, bad traffic caused me to hurry a bit too much and I left my prescription sun glasses in the front of the car, either in the console area or sitting on the passenger seat. I called Avis the minute I got to the airport to let them know I left my glasses. Since they were calling my flight, the customer service rep said to call when I got home. I did so, but they were closed so I called the next morning and left a message for lost & found to call me back. They didn't so I called again. They still didn't reply so I called customer service and they said I should hear from them before 4 p.m. their time. I didn't so I called again and was told that they closed at 3 p.m. I called again the next day and still didn't get anyone in lost & found so I called customer service again. They called the rental place and got me in touch with a manager. He called me and said that nothing had been turned in yet but it might take a few days for it to trickle down to lost & found. I called again yesterday (3/5/07) and received a call back on 3/6/07. No glasses. These glasses cost me over $200 and Avis says too bad. Although their people aren't supposed to mess with items left in the car, it appears that someone did. Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses.
More Avis Rent A Car System, Llc Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis - Extend Car Rental 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rent a car
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - false rental documents
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - unethical behaviour and extra-charges applied while having a full voucher
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - reservations