Avis / overcharge

Newark, NJ, United States Review updated:

Wow. I rented a car for 2 day of which I used for almost 2 hours. My $80.00 charge turned into $238.00. They charged 8.75 to my account and I still don't know why. Then a charge of $150.00! Yes I called customer service who couldn't help me. They gave me a number that the voicemail box was 'full.' I tried another number for the security department but she is on vacation until July 11, 2011. Never again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Al
      Jun 16, 2007

I rented a car from Avis in Franklin Tn for a weekend trip. I had a coupon for a free weekend day, so my whole rental was to be less that $60. I was involved in a wreck on Sunday night. I called the Avis number on the form they had given me and they had the car towed. Apparently Avis has no tracking system (right!!!) because they supposed knew nothing of the car being wrecked until my insurance company called them on Tuesday. They then charged my credit card for over $160.00 because the car was not turned in on time. When I called the billing department, they said they could not do anything and gave me a name and number to call. When I called him, he was not even the manager of the right location and could do nothing either!!!

Dec 23, 2012

We rented a car for one month here in Spain and we were told how much would be and Avis ended charging us more. We contacted customer service several times but they were not helpful and kept gaving us another number for assistence. Our monthly fee turned to be from 405 euros to 550. Dont think we would rent a car again from them