AVG / charges

CA, United States Review updated:

AVG charged my Paypal account without authorization. I donot even have a computer anymore. I use a ipad. They refuse to even acknowledge the fact that I have written in detail and sent copies of the charge. I only get a form email back telling me to take a screen shot of my computer screen.
Horrible customer service

Sm
Apr 03, 2013

Comments

•   Apr 03, 2013

Are you refusing to acknowledge the fact that you failed to cancel the service before the auto renewal kicked in?

• Ba
      Jul 10, 2013

I have come to the conclusion that AVG is a rogue organisation. I'm a UK user of AVG anti-virus and bought the paid-for version, believing I would get free support if a problem arose. Last month AVG directed me to GuruAid, an Indian organisation and believing that the fix would be free I was asked for Dollars 100. Outrageous!! Recently I purchased AVG PC-TuneUP but was unable to activate it even though progress bars indicated it had been downloaded. I sought AVG help and was then told a telephone call would cost £1.53p per minute. I shall never deal with AVG again. They are a set of rogues!!!