Autonationgap insurance

DO NOT purchase Autonation gap insurance!!
When I purchased my vehicle (2010 Lincoln MKT), I purchsed the Autonation gap (Safe-Guard) insurance for $599 because I was told it would cover any amount not paid by my primary insurance. That was a lie. When my vehicle was totaled in an accident, my primary insurance (Progressive) paid the value of my vehicle leaving a balance of $634. Autonation (Safe-Guard) paid $290 stating 'it was because Progressive estimated the the vehicle $700 less then it's value'. WTF! Remember, I paid $599 for gap. So, not only did gap not pay the balance of $634 (just think if it would have been more), they didn't even notify me that I still had a remaining balance. All their website told me was that claim had been completed. It wasn't until the bank contacted me, after my account was 30 days past due (which now shows on my credit report), that I found out Autonation (Safe-Guard) gap insurance did not pay in full. DO NOT Purchase through this company. Your bank/lien holder will also offer gap insurance.

Mr
Nov 21, 2018

Comments

• Wa
      May 31, 2019

I'm in the process of having Auto Nation service my policy as my car was totalled in March of 2019. As I read all of the nightmare stories about all of the sleezy business practices of Auto Nation, it looks like a check list of a thousand ways that the insurance companies have been pulling on me. They are stalling and waiting until the 90 day period is up . Then they dont have to pay me a dime and I will be out over 6k. And I will have to keep making payments on a car that is long gone for the next several years.