Autonation — gap insurance
DO NOT purchase Autonation gap insurance!!
When I purchased my vehicle (2010 Lincoln MKT), I purchsed the Autonation gap (Safe-Guard) insurance for $599 because I was told it would cover any amount not paid by my primary insurance. That was a lie. When my vehicle was totaled in an accident, my primary insurance (Progressive) paid the value of my vehicle leaving a balance of $634. Autonation (Safe-Guard) paid $290 stating 'it was because Progressive estimated the the vehicle $700 less then it's value'. WTF! Remember, I paid $599 for gap. So, not only did gap not pay the balance of $634 (just think if it would have been more), they didn't even notify me that I still had a remaining balance. All their website told me was that claim had been completed. It wasn't until the bank contacted me, after my account was 30 days past due (which now shows on my credit report), that I found out Autonation (Safe-Guard) gap insurance did not pay in full. DO NOT Purchase through this company. Your bank/lien holder will also offer gap insurance.
More Autonation Complaints & Reviews
- AutoNation.com - bad service 
- Autonation - vehicle protection plan 
- Autonation - gap insurance
- Autonation - the worst decision of my life
- Autonation - sales practice are close to fraudulent (to be continued)
- Autonation - bought a car from bmw of valencia in valencia california
- Autonation laurel Maryland - service department
- Autonation Ford-Sanford FL - extended warranty cancelled
- Autonation - service
- AutoNation Toyota Gulf Freeway - my 2014 toyota tundra purchase