AT&T / telephone contract

1 United States

I purchased a telephone for a Christmas gift this past year. The telephone came with a free Android pad. It was a high pressure sell and I was not advised of a fourteen day period to cancel any devices that are activated. In fact, I was advised that I could deactivate a device at anytime. Of course, the fourteen day period expired and I contacted ATT about canceling the activation on the tablet. I was advised that there was a $140.00 deactivation fee and I should have been aware of the fourteen day "Buyers Remorse Period". I was even advised that ATT sent an E-mail, "that my have gone to spam", advising of this period. I have learned that ATT does not care about customer satisfaction and certainly is not the place to purchase gifts in the future. Further I learned that if you do not partake in one of the ATT television packages, you are not offered the same telephone packages that are available. I intend on leaving ATT and switching to another provider on the first day it is financially feasible.

Re