AT&T / billing /charges/ attempts to disconnect

1 San Antonio, United States Review updated:

AT&T is the worst!
1st they charged me $120 to have a phone line fixed, when I pay for in-line plus. Called them 4 times, over 3 monts to have charge removed. Finally they removed chrg from bill, and then continued to bill me the late charge for not having paid the $120 in a timely manner (???). After a month, they removed the bogus late fee, then it showed up again on the next bill. Took 5 months total to resolve. Customer serv ppl were rude and demeaning on several of the calls and the others would say they will take care of it and just did nothing after u hang up.
2nd- When I tried to cancel my phone and internet with them several months later- they told me they couldnt do it over the phone, I had to submit online. I did. Gave them all the info to discontinue service immediately, thru their own website- included address and phone#. They send me an email 3 days later asking me to stay and they will give me $25 credit on my bill. I say 'thanks, but no thanks- please disconnect service'. They send me another email 4 days later saying they need additional info before they can discontinue service, ie- phone number, address, reason. Now you see their tactic, delay- delay- delay- by this time Im already up to another week or more of being billed for services Im no longer using and had asked to be disconnected. I send them one final email and let them know that all info was on the original rqst to cancel and that if its not done promptly I will report them to the Texas Office of the Attorney General as well as well as report them to the Federal Trade Commission and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations. FUNNY- I get an automated phone call within the hour stating that services are being disconnected.
They are the WORST company to deal with. So many choices out there, you would think they would have better customer service.
I will NEVER deal with AT&T again!!

Ci

Comments

• Cc
      14th of Mar, 2010

Here are the phone #'s, Address, Email, of AT&T’s CEO. Maybe he can get something done because AT&T Customer Service surely will not.

AT&T Inc.
    175 E. Houston
    San Antonio, TX 78205

ATTN: Randall Stephenson, CEO, President & Chairman

Tel. 210-821-4105
    Fax 210-351-3553

[protected]@att.com (direct)
    randall.[protected]@att.com

Here is the web address if you wish to join in the class action law suite against AT&T. http://www.dslspeedsettlement.com/

That's right AT&T is being sued for advertising and charging us for one speed on their DSL service and intentionally providing a slower speed.. UH...HUH... that is AGAINST the LAW...