AT&T / refund of account credit of $2397.99

1 Leawood, KS, United States

I have attempted for at least 3 weeks to get a refund of an overpayment I made to you, in error, on November 20, 2018. I have made several calls, speaking with several reps and receive a different answer each and every time I call. I was first told the credit of $2397.99 would be credited back to my bank account (since the payment in error of $2669.57 was paid through my bank) within 8 to 13 days. I called again after 2 weeks and the rep I spoke with requested the following additional information and said I should see a credit within 3 business days.

- My ATT account #: [protected]

- My call back number: [protected]

- A screen shot of my bank ledger showing proof of payment is attached.

I sent this information to the email address he gave me (ATTPaymentClaim@att.com) and received a response that the message could not be delivered to that address.

The next rep I spoke with said I should relax, I would be getting a check in the mail soon.

Today I spoke with someone in your finance department who said that I must reverse the payment through my bank since I paid through on-line banking and there was nothing they could do to refund the money. I called my bank, explained the situation and asked if they could correct the problem. They said they could do nothing since they sent the money correctly and ATT U-Verse has the money.

On a second call today the rep again said not to worry, he would help me and transferred me to Jazmine in the Accounts Receivable and Collections Department. She said I needed to send my bank statement to show proof of payment to the same email address above, that did not work before or FAX it o [protected]. She said this was the holdup. I do not understand this necessity since you have my money and show the credit on my account, but will do this presently in hopes of resolving this issue. I will try to attach the bank statement to this message. If it does not work, I will FAX it.

I have spent my entire morning on this and several other hours on 6 or 7 phone calls with various AT&T reps and have gotten different story each time. This has been a terrible experience and is a perfect example of poor customer service.

Please REPLY as soon as possible and CREDIT my account as soon as possible.

Charles Mentesana