ATT Phone Service / New ATT phone arbitrarily switched my account and charged me 5x the amount

I've been using ATT bundled local and long distance for over two years at a fixed monthly rate. I work from home so I use the phone A LOT. Well ATT got bought and became the NEW ATT.

Long story short they killed my bundle charged me 10 cents minute for long distance AND sent me a local bill too boot. So my usual $85/month turned into a $200 long distance bill plus an $80 local bill.

Even though I did not ask to change anything and everything done to me was arbitrary they are sticking to their guns and saying I must pay. I've spent 3 hours total on the phone now.

Even though they admit I had no choice and my plan was arbitrarily switch their policy is that the charges remain in place. They will not credit me.

So goodbye NEW AT&T

Va

Comments

Dr
  1st of Apr, 2009
ATT Phone Service - no phone service
ATT
Atlanta
Georgia

I attempted to make my life easier by switching from Comcast to ATT. Since I did that my phone service or I should say lack of it and any help has been amazing. I am really angry and at my wits end. My non-service started on Feb 16, 2009 and has not worked for more than 5-6 days without regular interruption. The service men have come to the house, but nothing got fixed without 3/4 service calls each time. All during that time period I had no phone sevice.It is now 4/1/09 and once more I have no phone service. I have been told by the "customer service" agents that it must be my equiptment (which never went down with Comcast) and that I should purchase a warrenty from them to take care of any problems.
Last night 3/31/09 I called and asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that he was on the phone with another customer and he would call me withen the hour. Four hours later I called back and complained that I had no call back. Finally the "manager" and I talked and he told me the same thing as the customer service agents. Someone would be out to my home in 5 days-sorry, and there would be a charge if they had to come inside, and that I should purchase the warrenty. In other words I got nowhere with someone that was not in authority.
I have felt since there is no phone service for another 5 days that I should not have to pay my phone bill because of all the non-serivce I have received. All I want is a phone that works!!

Ly
  15th of Jul, 2009
ATT Phone Service - no phone service
att
Fredericktown
Missouri

I was told I was given a $100 cash reward for ordering my phone service and dsl equipment. When I get on the websight to retrieve my reward it skips the "3 simple steps" in order to receive the cash.