AT&T Mobility / fraudulent billing

1 Walnut, United States Review updated:

I cancelled my wireless plan with AT&T on March 29, 2015 and paid a full cycle bill on April 6, 2015. Received another billing statement around end of April for final payment. AT&T only credited the monthly service fee for 1 phone line out of 3 and indicated on statement for the 1st phone line as follow: You removed this plan on 3/29. You received a credit for the days you did not use this plan 3/29 – 4/17.

AT&T credited the service fee on the 2nd phone line and charged the same amount back to the line by indicating the line was added on 3/29 and is charged at the new plan rate from 3/29 – 4/17.

What's more unreasonable is on the 3rd line, AT&T simply charged a service fee by indicating the line was added on 3/29 and is charged at the new plan rate from 3/29 – 4/17.

Spoke with 3 different customer service reps and a manager. The first customer service transferred me to another department as he was not able to explain the reason but did agree with my dispute. I was told to call back to the same 800 number as it was incorrectly transferred.

The second rep hanged up on me after 30 minutes of research and was not able to explain.

The third rep attempted to convince me the billing statement was correct and was not able to explain the arithmetic. I asked for a manager and was transferred to a manager who was not able to explain and simply told me that I am not entitled to any credit.

P.S. I terminated my plan on 3/29/15 and am being charged $58 for the first 2 lines cancelled (Plan for 3rd line expired) and my plan was supposed to be expired on 4/17/15 and I had this plan since the late 90’s when they were Cingular.

De
May 8, 2015

Comments

• Ji
      23rd of Dec, 2009
    At&t Mobility - privacy violation, and collections practices
    AT&T

These companies are attempting to ruin my credit because of complaints I have made regarding their practices. AT&T is infiltrated with people violating privacy rights, including yahoo accounts (DSL service) and debt collections.

• Wh
      1st of Apr, 2010
    At&t Mobility - Collection Notice
    Mark R Lyon
    44055 Sweet William Dr
    Hammond
    Louisiana
    Phone: 985-549-0324

Got a collection notice from AFNI saying I owed $414.53 but I could settle it for just $50.00 I find that very odd that it could be settled for such a small amount. I'm not even sure if I ever had an AT&T cell phone.