ATT

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 by

lying customer services representatives

First time calling AT&T and asked to add a 3rd line to the plan, I asked how much would it cost me monthly, the customer service said it was free to add a 3rd line if I was using my old phone. Numerous times I have asked to make sure that I would not be charged any monthly fees for adding a line and she kept saying no, it's free. She sent me a chip for the phone with a new number. My sister in law went to the store and was going to get a 3rd line since I told her it was free, the guys at the store started laughing and told her nothing was free. I ended calling AT&T again and spoke to someone else, told her what I was told and she checked and said that it is not free it will be $20 for the 3rd line to use everything on the plan. After talking to my husband he said that was fine, $20 was ok. The customer service rep said that since we already bought 2 iPhone X's and if I'm adding a new line they have a promotion to receive an iPhone 8 for free, they pay the installments on it. Talked to her and talked to a manager and made them confirm numerous times that I would only pay $20 extra and they said yes. Got the bill yesterday and it's $40. I am beyond upset by how these people lie to their customers. And they have the nerves to tell me i can't return the phone since it's been more than 14days and that if I cancel the line I will have to pay the phone off. I said it was still under 30days and I can return it, they told me to go to the AT&T store and return it there and I will be charged a restocking fee. This is AT&T for you. I will return the phone and I will cancel my internet and tv with them as well. Their customer service representatives are lying to the customers.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

A  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
that's at&t for you they will lie to you so your stuck paying them anyway ( contract etc..)
best bet is to go with a better provider ( T-Mobile or Verizon)
at&t can careless about anything except being paid

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree