AT&T Long Distance Usa / outsourcing their customer service

I am outraged that AT&T seems to have outsourced their customer service. I just tried to get some questions answered by calling their 800 number.

In the past, I was always pleased to speak with a cordial, English speaking representative. Today, however, I got a non-native English speaker. I had to repeatedly ask him to repeat himself, as I had great difficulty understanding his very thickly accented English. Although I tried very hard not to let my exasperation become evident, it must have, because he quickly became highly offended and verged on rudeness in his replies. Companies who are outsourcing their customer service need to remember that a large portion of the population are aging Baby Boomers with all the attendant hearing problems. Decreased hearing along with trying to understand very thick foreign accents over the phone can quickly sour us on these companies.

Va

Comments

• Do
      19th of Feb, 2007
    AT&T Long Distance Service - Took my money without authorization!

AT&T Company. Phone Company Long Distance Service.

We used to have the above company as our phone service. Now we have Verizon. I bought a phone card for long distance, a couple of years ago and canceled my long distance.

Recently deductions have been taken out of our checking account at Comerica Bank on Norton in Muskegon.

I called AT&T to complained and they said they would give me a refund. Then I called Verizon and complained and they said if AT&T kept it up to write the FCC. Since then I have called AT&T 3 times. They said someone said it was O.K. to have AT&T. They said they were going to reimburse me for the money they took out of our checking account. I thought you had to sign to have something taken out of your checking account. To my knowledge no one has.

My husband has Altzheimers. We are on a do not call list, but I don't believe that is any good. I asked the representative of AT&T to listen to a record, or something confirming someone at this household asked to be on AT&T.

Today I get something in the mail saying I had to call Verizon. I am 80 years old taking care of a husband who has Altzheimers, Parkinson's, Asthma, and is incontinent and I have no time for such foolishlessness, thereby my complaint. I don't ever want to hear from AT&T again unless it is to give me back the money they took from my account.

10th of Jul, 2007

AT&T now thinks it' s okay to add spam advertisements to the paying customers homepage & email. I filed a complaint and have yet to talk to a real person, all I get is someone on a chat line and the complaint goes nowhere.

AT&T states it has to spam advertise so it can provide "world class service" to its customers at a low rate. I told them that offering good customer service is part of world class service and they do not provide this.

AT&T has the ultimate marriage made in heaven - charge the customer for the service and charge the advertisers to advertise on the paying customers homepage/email.

AT&T should be ashamed of itself and we as customers should let them know how we feel. It would have to be by email of course as they never call for a customer opinion - just payment of the bill.