AT&T / internet promo & billing
At&t: the worst telecommunication company I ever dealt with!
I am not a kid nor have free time to be writing bogus complaint, I am a grown up adult with many years of life experience. I just hope this complaint spreads out to as many people as possible and learn to be cautious before dealing with at&t.
About 2 months ago I came across to an at&t website that was running a promotion of $19.95/month for fast dsl internet service without telephone service. So I took extra precaution before signing up for the service and I contacted the online customer service and I made sure there was no catch or misunderstanding about their promotion (I even have the transcript of the online chat I had with the online customer service agent. ) the customer service agent wrote to me the following:
• no long term commitment (No 12 months contract is required)
• $100.00 reward card for switching from existing cable internet service to at&t internet service.
Guess what, I was wrong! After 2 months of service with at&t I found out the following:
• 12 months commitment is required. No big deal with this as long as I receive the service as they had promised me. (I am satisfied with 5.4mbps download speed vs. Their advertised 6.0mbps speed service)
• my first prorated month’s bill came to $38.67 because the promotion of $19.95/month applies only to complete monthly billing cycles. (Wow, this is a new one! I was not ready for this trick!)
• $100 reward card was a scam. After mailing $100 reward card claim coupon I waited 8 weeks before I started to check around for the status of claim coupon. I learned that $100 reward card could not be combined with other promotion, meaning that the promotion was either $19.95/month or $100 reward card. This contradicts to what at&t online customer service agent had explained to me. $100 reward card won’t make me nor break me, they can keep it if that helps them but there is no need to cheat on customers with bogus ads and lying customer services.
Conclusion: be carefull when dealing with at&t. They are the worst, cheapest and dirtiest company in the market. When my 12 months contract is up, they can be certain of one less customer.
More AT&T Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - Direct TV billing
- ATT - service
- AT&T - uverse
- AT&T - at&t/directv package unethical behavior 
- AT&T Phone Service - cell phone service