Having problems with Rand McNally?

Rand McNally reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 21, 2009. The latest review rvnd7 global positioning system was posted on Jun 17, 2019. The latest complaint really bad directions was resolved on Jul 21, 2009. Rand McNally has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 3 reviews. Rand McNally has resolved 1 complaints.

Rand McNally Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed

Rand McNally Complaints & Reviews

Rand McNallyrvnd7 global positioning system

On August 8, 2018, we purchased an Rand McNally RVND7 GPS. The unit worked fine until the latter part of April 2019. Beginning in early May 2019, I used the Rand McNally software to do diagnostics and repair several times which did not correct the issues (losing the GPS signal, inaccurate routing, and misreporting of vehicle speed.) I called Rand McNally (RM) twice and spoke to Tech Support. After the second failed attempt to fix the issues, RM asked for me to send the unit to their repair facility. We needed the unit for an early June RV trip we had planned.

We would be traveling 1100 miles to an unfamiliar area. As the Tech Support representative told us it would be returned in approximately 10 business days, we decided to postpone our trip two weeks and we returned the unit.. It is now June 14, 2019 and after several calls, I have been told there is no estimate for returning the unit to us.

We are now scheduled to leave on June 19th, 2019 and have non-refundable reservations. We are senior citizens and want our GPS or a replacement. I was told that they cannot keep staff and we have to wait indefinitely for them to get the staff to make the repairs. We want to take our trip and have a GPS with us that we bought and paid for.

Rand McNally StoreRip off

May 25, 2010 I was automatically charged a renewal of the Rand McNally Road Explorers annual memberhsip. June 3, 2010 I was informed the membership was cancelled because they were closing the program. I called and was told I would get a refund. I have emailed 3 times and was told I would get a refund shortly after July 15th. It is now Sept 8, 2010 and I have not received my refund nor does their site provide a phone number to call. THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM THEM.

Rand McNally.comreally bad directions

My mom and I went to a golf outing in Green Lake, WI. The directions they gave us really screwed us up. In Princeton, WI. The directions have us going RIGHT on HWY 23 when we should of went left. The directions also told us to turn on streets that were DEAD ENDS! We finally got there by following the signs to the hotel that the golf course that was across the street from it. We were also five minutes late. My dad's Garmin GPS is gives better directions than this. Lesson learned. DON'T USE RAND MCNALLY.COM!

• St
          Stefanie Shannon Jul 23, 2009

No the golf outing started at 10:30 a.m. and being is not nice but rude! I'm going to try mapquest again for a trip to Wisconsin Dells in August. Yes, my mom has a car and she don't like GPS's, she thinks they are too expensive.

• St
          Stefanie Shannon Jul 22, 2009

I went with mapquest first but the directions weren't that good. I didn't know there were googlemaps. Yes my maps were from 2009.

• Bo
          bobtheman Jul 21, 2009

Why not just go with Googlemaps or Mapquest?