AT&T / scam and lies

I am a small business owner and have done yellow page ads with Bell South now AT&T since about 1991. They now sell internet yellow page ads. About 4 years ago I tried the internet yellow page ad and decided on renewal that it did not increase my business and cancel that part of my yellow page ad with no problem. In 2007, I decided to try the internet yellow page again and decided on renewal that it was not increasing business and told the sells rep that I wanted to cancel my internet yellow page ad and keep only the two in column ads in the printed yellow pages. The sell rep was very pushy and kept insisting that I keep my internet yellow page ad. I actually got upset and finally he let it go. He told me by keeping my two incolumn ads that I would have two more smaller ads free. He wrote up the contract listing the two incolumn ads and the internet was listed but had to two stars blotting out the payment columns. I made an assumption that it was zeroed out and canceled. Instead of the cost listed for each item he hand wrote at the bottom of the page the total amount of the ads. I got my new bill in July and the internet ad was listed for $98 dollars. I called AT&T and told them I had cancelled the internet ad. What the sells rep did was those stars did not mean it was deleted he never took the internet ad off the contract but lead me to believe the ad had been removed. The inside person at AT&T said she could do nothing for me because I had signed the contract. That I should have wrote on the contract no internet. I told her I have been doing business with you since 1991 and I have never had to do that. That I had just been scammed and that AT&T was allowing their sell rep to get away with scamming an excellent customer. I ask to speak with her manager and she said that they could not change this. I told her your sells rep lied to me. The internet ad could be deleted from their website and I could have the $98 dollars taken off my monthly bill.

I insisted on speaking to a manager and she said she would have one get in contact with me.

Mo

Comments

Mr
  31st of Jul, 2009
AT&T - Rebate not paid

I purchased FastAcess DSL from At&T. The agreement was that I pay $100.00 for the modem, and then I would receieve a rebate for $100.00. This was in Feb. 2009, the "rebate" would be mailed to me within 4-6 weeks. It is now July 31, 2009, and after many calls and new information sent to AT&T, still no rebate. Each time I am told that I will receieve my $100.00 within 3 weeks. How many more "3 weeks" will it be??? I am very disappointed in this company.

Bn
  11th of Aug, 2009

make sure that they didnt credit your account for this eqipment and try to call the customer service dsl billing and inform them they might give you credit because I order my modem after I realize it was free and they credited me

Re
  4th of Feb, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. You can also do advertising on this website. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike that has a ebillboard and like it. He was telling me that he can go and make his own changes on this ebillboard. He like it because he can see how many people has been looking at this ebillboard. I hope this helps you.