AT&T / disgusting service

I thought my number was unlisted but it still appears in AT&T online white pages. No wonder, I have a lot of telemarketers calling. I called to complain and to ask for credit. AT&T admits this is a problem but would not give credit. They said my number will not longer be listed in October 2008. I was disgusted. I have been payig for unlisted service since August 2007. The attitude of the supervisor, was arrogant and unhelpful. Now, they are calling to ask me to switch internet service to them? NO THANKS. I am looking around to switch my phone service.

Ar

Comments

• Su
      31st of Jul, 2009
    AT&T - Rewards program
    At&T
    San Antonio

I was promised $250 cash back and I have it in writing, but only received $200. I called and asked what happened to the other $50 and they said that they didn’t have any record of it, when I informed them that I had a copy of the IM conversation with their sales rep. they said “well we can give a $50 gift certificate”. Personally I think this is just a bait and switch. They hide the rebate in a letter looking like an advertisement, which I think they hope that you will throw it way thinking it is an advertisement. . When you open the letter you have to go on line to claim it. Why! They have my address, why not just send me the money promised. I have written the Better Business Bureau and my states Attorney General. My advice is simply think twice before getting this service. The system is not bad but if they treat me, the customer this way now, what will they do latter.