AT&T / continuing to bill for discontinued service

I canceled my phone services in January 2009 because I was moving out and I would be out of the apartment most of January. When I returned to the apartment at the end of January, my phone was in-deed not working. I officially moved out in February. AT&T continued to send bills to my autopay. It took alot of calls but they assured me that autopay was finally shut off (by the way, they managed to get money for January, Febrary, March and April). I JUST received another bill saying I owed them money. FOR WHAT. My service was shut down in January. Interesting how they managed to shut down the phone service when asked but can't shut down the bills.

Desired Outcome

1. Desired Settlement:
Refund

2. Desired Outcome:
I would like the money they took out of autopay during the months of February, March and April. Apparently they have shut off autopay, but I'm not sure. If they take the money they just sent a bill for May, 2009, I will want that money refunded too. I want to stop receiving bills for a phone number that has been shut down since January, 2009. I want my name out of their databases that connects me to the number that was disconnected.

Comments

5th of Jan, 2010

Continued Billing for cancelled DSL service
    Hercules, CA

I get a friendly letter in the mail to sign up for ATa&T dsl service for $25.00 a month. I decide to try the service. AT&T turns on the dsl service, with no technician, from an ouside signal source somewhere. The dsl outlet ATT turns on is in the kitchen. Told them I need it turned on upstairs in the bedroom. ATT states they charge $250.00 to send out a technician. I told them "no way". So within a week I cancelled the service and returned all the equipment. Told ATT representative to cancel. They said, "sure sorry it didn't work out." ATT keeps billing me, I call ATT and they transfer me to several reps that can't help me, but would take a payment by phone! And now reported me to collections. Now I have to file a complaint with the consumer bureau to take this off my record.