Asurion / bad refurnished phone

1 Brownsville, TX, United States Review updated:

After making a claim for a lost phone, my phone carrier's insurance company, asurion, shipped me a replacement (Palm centro). Since I regularly sync my phone with my laptop and back up my address book, I synced the refurnished phone asurion shipped me to restore my address book on the new phone. Once I connected the phone using the usb craddle cable, smoke came out of my usb portale from my laptop, frying my motherboard. I went to the neareast sprint store were I explained to the tech what had happened. To verify he connected the phone and got an error message that the phone had a power surge coming from it and causing the computer not to sync. They said the phone was bad and I had to do another claim with asurion. I contacted asurion and they would not take any responsibilty for my computer. They did however ship me another phone and when I receive it the keyboard was falling off. So I did another claim. I, however did do a formal complained with a buddy who is a lawyer for the damage to my computer. I have still to hear from them on a compensation.

Comments

• Ly
      1st of Feb, 2011

i had my phone stolen and it was brand new no water damage so aurian charged me to replace it of course my deductable and to thank me sent me a water damaged battery and phone to thank me - m y phone freezes and turns off and on all by itself - rip off of a company i hate asurion id rather have no insurance take the fone as a complete loss might as well be a loss cuz it doesn't even work ! thanks asurion (sarcastic) what a tease -- [censor]s!