Assurant Service Protection / Fraud during the sale of contract
I want everyone to know not to purchase an extended warranty from this company. I purchased two: one for my Kitchenaid dishwasher and one for my Kitchenaid convection oven and microwave combination.
Both appliances are from the Superba collection and they both have springs broken in their hinge system which causes the doors to slam open, rather than gradually open. When I purchased the service contracts over the phone, the salesperson said there were no exclusions.
When the contracts arrived, I filed them away because there is a 60 day waiting period.
Apparently, in the written contract, hinges are specifically excluded, although when I read paragraph 14, I can not find that anywhere.
The company refuses to admit their fraud when selling me the contracts and has only refunded a prorated amount.
Here is the kicker- they sent someone out to fix the hinges and then cancelled my contracts. Apparently one department doesn't know what the other department is doing.
Anyway, don't buy from them - there is no way to tell what you are really buying.
More Assurant Service Protection Complaints & Reviews
- IQ Data International / RentCollect - Harassment 
- Assurant Health - Beware 
- Assurant Specialty Property - No service only lip service 
- Assurant Solutions - Awful experience 
- Assurant Health - Fraudsters and cheaters 
- RentCollect Global - debt collection
- RentCollect Global - rude representatives!!!
- Assurant Solutions - product registration home appliances
- RentCollect Global - unethical behaviour
- Assurant Solutions - failure to honor 2 year 360 warranty with accidental damage