Associated Bank / unreasonable fees

1 United States

I have been a loyal customer to this bank, however, they have changed. I have had an account with them for the last 20 years, when they were still customer friendly. They had a "courtesy" on my account to allow charges to go through, which brought me to $400 over my account limit. From there, they charged 16 separate overdraft fees in the amount of $35 each, which has me struggling to get back in the black. Now I am facing more and more fees and the money is evaporating from my account. <br />
I have spent hours trying to correct many of their mistakes over the last 2 years, including one today that had them depositing our paycheck into the wrong account. You guessed it: We were charged overdraft fees because of their error! God help you if you think that they are willing to help you at the toll free number, they will make you seriously frustrated, so I wouldn't suggest trying it. I am now switching banks, and looking forward to having access to ATMs and other services that this bank does not have readily available. I hope their disgruntled customers leave in droves, and give their business to more honest banks that don't want to see their clients go under!