Aspen Dental / poor business practices

Topsham, ME, United States Review updated:

I went to the Topsham, Maine office for service. We agreed on and started a program. The plan was to pull all of my teeth except for five on the bottom and make a full upper and partial lower. When we started the program, the dentist told me how happy I was going to be and that these teeth were going to fit so well that I wouldn't even need to think about using adhesives. After the initial temporary dentures, I wasn't going to need adhesive at all. Shortly after I got the permanent ones I was told that I might have to use "a little bit of adhesive" occasionally. I was told shortly after that that "well, sometimes some people have to use a bit of adhesive on a daily basis. What I finally ended up with was a set of dentures that fit so badly that they are uncomfortable to wear even for a short time. If I don't use a full dose of adhesive, they tend to fall out (usually when I'm talking to someone so that the embarrassment is complete). I got tired of going back to try to get them fixed and as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to have to go to a real dentist. Oh Yeah! Besides all this, they handled the insurance so badly that I wound up paying $2000 more out of pocket than they told me I was Going to. I doubt that this will make it anywhere where the public can read it but if it does, please beware! I'll probably find some other review sites to post to also.

Bi

Comments

• Mr
      8th of Mar, 2014

well, aspen dental at kenniwick, wa started out ok, after the fact, upper and lowers hurt like hell, can not eat with them in and gag also, glue does not work, talk AND FALL OUT, also the bottom dentures partial walks around in my mouth while trying to eat.. am getting ahold of my insurance carrier, and see if we can resolve this, aspen dental is going to refund all my money AS PER THEIR NATIONAL TV COMMERICALS.. or they are faced with legal from me..am tired of phony claims from business, saying how great they are. malpractice is a good word here on aspen dental.ball is in their court, what are you going to do aspen, to make me a satisfied customer, oh got a bill also, i signed a peice of paper and it went in there computer system stating that what i paid upfront, and insurance there would be no more money...LIARS, LIARS, so ALSO DID NOT GET TEMPORARYPARTIALS AND WAS TOLD REFUND DUE..LIARS SO ASPEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO.