Aspen Dental Hamden CT / unprofessional

1 Hamden, CT, United States

I have my share of fillings. Couple of weeks ago one of my fillings became loose and fell out along with part of my tooth. As a regular patient I was hoping to be seen just by the dentist to fix the problem. Since I was due for my cleaning…. (by few weeks) I HAD to have a cleaning appointment FIRST. My appointment was at 3 pm. I arrived there 15 minutes prior. #1, my chart was missing and nowhere to be found. #2, after getting to the office at 2:45pm I was not called in until 4:20pm!!! #3 I had to have the whole series of x-rays done (not just the broken tooth) to make sure everything was OK, . At that point, I was told that I don’t need just a regular cleaning…. I need the works! This is 4:45 pm. The office closes at 5 pm…. So I wasn’t able to have a cleaning, my tooth was still cracked AND I was told by the dentist that reviewed my x-rays that I need 3 ROOT CANALS!!! BUT, but the lady in the front will gladly set something up for me. So, it is pass 5 pm already, now I’m stressing over the 3 root canals, as I walk to the friendly lady in the front. Within minutes I had a print out of an estimate for my 3 root canals, BUT since I have insurance I ONLY need to pay a % of it... So, I figure since I’m here might as well schedule my appointment for my root canals.

Well, the dentist that does the root canals is only there 2 days a month AND to secure a spot with her, I need to pay a 50 % deposit to HOLD my spot. So now it’s about 5:20 pm on a Friday night, after working all day, hungry, with my gums cut up from the x-ray film, agitated to no end, and asked to dish out $3000 right then and there, I said I will have to call them back on it. That was the last time I stepped foot in that office.

During my visit I asked the x-ray tech if they were busy, and he actually said that it was a slow evening. I asked the hygienist if they were busy and he confirmed that they had a slow evening, When I mentioned that I was practically falling asleep in the waiting room for 1 ½ hours, all I got was a dumbfounded look and no explanation. When I approached the friendly lady in the front about the 1 ½ hour wait, she did not have an answer for me either.
I am appalled at the service in that office! Unprofessional & unorganized!
Since then, I did contact my insurance company and informed them of a poor choice of a provider.

Jk