Aspen Dental / insurance fraud
I went to AspenDental, Woburn, MA for my routine cleaning for the first time on March 16, 2006. $47.80 was charged to my credit card for exam and x-rays and a treatment plan was laid out without any further discussion. I either walked away with what had paid and without teeth being cleaned or go along with their plan.
I didn't want to waste the $47.80 payment so I went the second time for teeth cleaning. On the first visit I told them I had two dental insurances, Cigna and Delta so patient's portion should be much less. They pretended they acknowledged that however they demanded the full payment and told me I'd get reimbursed once they received payments form both insurance companies.
Over half year treatments, I kept on paying the fees and never received a penny for reimbursement so I stopped going and started calling. It's been more than a year, with numerous phone calls and hours of waiting and conversion I got a bill for $132.40 instead. This morning I called again they said they made a mistake and would take a look later when they had a chance.
The total treatment charged by AspenDental was $471, insurance allowed amount was $341.60. I don't know what Cign , my primary dental insurance company had paid. However what I had paid, $167, and Delta, my secondary dental insurance had paid $311.60 had exceeded the insurance total allowed amount $341.60. In other words, AspenDental committed insurance fraud. Other than post the info here I am to write a complain letter to my DA office, and will cc AspenDental, Cigna and Dental.
More Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Aspen Dental - unsatisfactory work 
- Aspen Dental - class action lawsuit against aspen dental 
- Aspen Dental - aspen dental practice! 
- Aspen Dental - be weary and do your research! 
- Aspen Dental - charging us for services covered by insurance 
- Aspen Dental - Uneeded dental procedure
- Aspen Dental Management - finance scam
- Aspen Dental Management - dentures and and never following up
- Aspen Dental Management - dentures/implants/loss of bone mass and not honoring warranty
- Aspen Dental Management - billing