Ashley Madison / cancel membership

Dear Assistant:
I have no idea of the company name. All that appeared on my Visa statment
is a charge for $46.93 and the name associated with the charge was;
PAY-CARDHELP.NET [protected].
I would like to cancel my subscription and charges.

Joe (another email address is: joseph.capogreco@ottawa.ca)

Comments

• Ed
      29th of Sep, 2010

After seeing one of the much hyped Ashley Madison ads on TV and an interview with their CEO, Noel Biderman, I signed up out of curiosity. Like so many other guys I've since read about, I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately contacted by a likely sounding local lady and enticed into buying one of their exorbitant credit packages in order to speak to her. After she'd ensured I'd all but used up my credits in conversation with her, she went silent.

I now know that she was probably a fake, sat in their offices in Canada thousands of miles away from me, employed by AM to reel in suckers like me. They even as much as admit to the practice in miniscule print in their Terms & Conditions where these ladies are described as 'online hosts' who are engaged in 'marketing activity'. They also automatically re-bill you unless you go through a deliberately difficult and convoluted process to extricate yourself from their clutches.

So my question is, what's the difference between Ashley Madison’s nefarious ‘marketing activity’ and a Nigerian scamming operation? The answer - not a lot! As in the African scams, the sole purpose of these online hosts is to persuade men to spend their money by pretending to be something and someone they're not.

Of course Ashley Madison calculate that no-one will run squealing to the authorities or law courts because of the illicit nature of the site's activity. Some might say 'it serves you right'. Certainly I should have been alerted by the fact that the majority of 'women' on the site have publicly viewable photos. It is now obvious to me that any real ladies on an affairs/adultery dating site would not post a picture of themselves for all to view.

The Ashley Madison operation is little more than a slick and convincing swindle to part men with their money. The chances of actually meeting a real woman with whom you might actually conduct an affair are about as remote as the hair growing back on their CEO's balding head!

• Am
      11th of Feb, 2011

Are you a victim of fraud? Tell us your story, email amfraud11@gmail.com

• Cw
      20th of Jan, 2012
    Ashley Madison - $ 19 carge to delete profile
    Texas
    ashleymadison.com

I signed up for free account, after finding there is nothing free about it tried to delete account. The only way to delete account is to pay 19 dollars and give them credit card info.

21st of Feb, 2012
    Ashley Madison - False Information
    CSL
    Blackwater
    United Kingdom

My information has appeared on the Ashley Madison dating web site. I did not knowingly submit this information and it has become a huge source of incovenience and embarrassment. How do I ensure the information is removed?

• Ex
      15th of Apr, 2013
    Ashley Madison - Wrong Profile
    Canada

I am listed as a woman looking for men. I am a man looking for women. I do not want to have anything more to do with Ashley Madison. Remove my profile immediately Confirm ASAP

• Se
      7th of May, 2015

I wish to stop receiving emails from Ashley Madison.

• Fg
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Ashley Madison - Undue Payment

The site charges for credits which has never been requested or authorized. USD 120 for 500 credits were charges, but never requested...

Stealing money from credit card!!! No solution yet!!!

• Ra
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Ashley Madison - Cell number not correct on your site

Please remove my number from a account that is not mine. 662-582-8922
    I got 17 calls lately and this text this morning.
    The guy said he would report. I am not a customer nor do I want to be. This is harassment. Please remove and thank you