Ashley Furniture Homestore / return/replace item

Jun 16, 2015
Madison Ave.
Murrieta CA
I purchased a couch, loveseat and 2 chairs from this store in November 2014. On November 20th, upon delivery, I decided that I did not like the way one of the chairs fit in the space. The delivery guy would not take it back unless it was damaged or the incorrect item. He instructed me to contact the store to return the item. I immediately called the store and spoke with the customer service rep. I told her that I wanted to return the chair and order another chair. She told me that she would have the manager contact me. After 2 days of not receiving a phone call back, I decided to drive back to the store. Once at the store, we were able to order the new chair and the manager said that he would apply my credit for the chair I would be returning towards the new chair. No problem. The next day, Ashley Corporate Care contact me to schedule a pick-up of the chair I was returning. On November 29th, I once again took the day off work since I was given a 4 hour window and Ashley never showed up. I contacted Ashley Corporate Care and was told that the driver came by and no one answered the door. I never left my home. There is no way that the driver stopped and I didn't answer. I contacted them again and was told that they would just pick the chair up when they delivered the new one. A few weeks later, Ashley Furniture contacted me to schedule the delivery of my new chair and I was told that they would pick up the chair I was returning at the same time. I was given a 4 hour window to be home for the delivery. On December 11th, my new chair was delivered but the driver refused to take the chair I was returning stating that he had not been instructed to pick it up. I called Ashley Corporate Care and the gal that I spoke with apologized for the "confusion" and asked me to schedule AGAIN for the pick-up of the chair. At that point, I told her that I had already taken 3 days off of work and that I couldn't afford to take any more time off. I told her that I could drop off the chair at the store. She told me that she was going to talk to the manager and call me back. I never heard back. I decided that it was not MY JOB to continue to get them their chair. If they wanted it back they needed to contact me to get it and go out of their way to pick it up. Fast forward 7 MONTHS!! Ashley Corporate Care calls and leaves a message stating that they needed to schedule a time to pick up the chair. 7 MONTHS LATER!! They also sent a certified letter in the mail telling me that I needed to schedule a pick-up or pay for the chair. Today, June 16, 2015, I spoke with Angela, a manager at Ashley Corporate Care and was instructed to schedule a pick-up (Monday-Saturday 9-5 pm) or pay for the chair. She also told me that IF there was any damage or wear and tear to the chair that I would be BILLED for the chair!! Seriously? The chair that your company FAILED to pick-up... that I have been STORING for 7 MONTHS...you want to CHARGE ME for WEAR & TEAR or DAMAGE??? No apology for their past failure. Just THREATS. Oh, not to mention that she wanted ME to take MORE TIME off of work to pick it up. Or I could have a neighbor sign for the pick-up. Let me get this right, I have taken 3 days off work ( a loss of $1003.50 worth of wages) for a chair that I paid $265.00 for, and you want to charge me another $265.00 plus tax for a chair that might have wear & tear after 7 months?? Will I be credited for my wages lost or storage fees for 7 months?

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries