Ashley Furniture / bad quality couches
After Hurricane Katrina devastated the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I purchased 2 leather sofas from Ashley Home Store in Mobile, Alabama in February 2006. I noticed immediately that they weren't really quality because the leather on the sofas really didn't match. I had paid over $1000 for each sofa. I recognize now that I should have called immediately, however, my family had been through a rough year... my 56 year old husband suffered a massive heart attack in March 2005, lingered 4 months, died July 17, 2005; Hurricane Katrina came ashore on August 29, 2005, we had 3' of water in my house; my 85 year old Mother had 2' of water in her house and no flood insurance, she died in March 2006. So, you understand when I purchased the 2 couches in February 2006, I was basically desperate. In March 2007 I contacted the Ashley Store and told them about the couches. Their reply was... "you are 2 weeks out of warranty, but we'll come look at them." And, they did...initially telling me, "too bad!" But, after much encouragement to them, they decided they would reupholster the couches and would ship the leather to my house. The first of April 4 boxes arrived, I called Ashley, scheduled a person to come upholster the couches...on April 25! Well, he came today... there was no leather in any of the 4 boxes, only 12 cushions...for 2 couches. He called the "customer service" department (and, I use that term loosely)... they will "get back with me." Whatever. I have contacted the Ashley Corporate Headquarters, but their response is basically, "we only sell furniture to the stores, they make their own rules." This is very frustrating. The service man took many pictures of the couches...the splotchy leather, the arm rests that are flat... but, because I was 2 weeks out of warranty, I am just out of luck... $1000+ couches should last more than a year. I really would like to load them both up and take them to the Ashley Store in Mobile, AL and sit them out front to warn the consumer to NOT ever shop Ashley. We on the Gulf Coast probably made those folks rich after Katrina.
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - tyler creek dining room table and chairs
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - tempurpedic mattress and adjustable base
- Ashley Furniture Industries - warranty not fully explained at point of sale by sales people.
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - entire experience
- Ashley Furniture Industries - damaged furniture delivered...