[Resolved] Art Van Furnituremattress ruined my back!

Last March my husband and I came into Art Van Furniture to look for a mattress. The reason for the new mattress was my lower back was stiff in the morning and I noticed that our mattress was becoming worn out, and I thought the new mattress might help with that. The salesman at Art Van F. gave us the sleep test, showed us a few models and after laying on it for a bit we thought that yes, this was the right one! It wasn't a cheap mattress either, a Stearns & Foster.
After the mattress came, I found that I was having issues with it, it was really hard and I wasn't comfortable at all. I called my salesman to see if we could return it for a different model and he suggested I just keep trying to make it work and said I would get used to it after a month. Well a few months have come and gone and I've had some pretty serious back issues - I've gone to my family doctor, chiropractor, physical therapy, Orthopedic surgeon. Perhaps my back wasn't in the greatest shape before I bought the mattress but at least I could deal with it and walk; since I started sleeping on this mattress it has become a full blown painful condition. Now, every day when I get up I can hardly walk, I have shooting pain in my lower back and right glute, it's so bad that I'm going to a Pain Doctor to see how I can manage the pain.
Bottom line - I wish I had never purchased this mattress and I will not recommend Art Van Furniture to any of my friends when purchasing a mattress as this experience has left me quite unhappy.

• Resolution statement