Applied Card Bank / Unethical practices, fees

1 PA, United States Review updated:

Joining in the long line of customers that Applied Bank has ripped off...I called their so-called customer service to dispute the late, over the limit and cash advance fees on my statement that ballooned my monthly dues to $203.00.
Because I made a minimum payment before my statement was processed I was charged a late fee as explained by their customer service rep. I asked them to apply the payment to the current billing statement and he said he would submit a request to do so. I still have not seen the late fee reversed.
I was charged a cash advance fee for accepting a limit increase. Mind you I already paid the ridiculous fee of $100 to get an increase and they have the nerve to nickle and dime me with a cash advance fee!
Adding to my heft bill was an over the limit fee that came as a result of being charged an annual fee, which also is subject to a cash advance fee.

It is a typical case of the hard working man being [censored]ed over by greedy, predatory banks like Applied Card. I vomit when I see banks asking the government for money while they rape you monetarily and turn a deaf and unsympathetic ear to very customers that keep their sorry ### rich and fat.

Cu

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2010

I am with you on this one. Getting a card with them was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I was finding it impossible to keep up with the fines, fees, charges to pay my bill online and these charges kept piling up and it seemed that the more I paid them the more I owed them. I finally gave up. I have not sent them a cent in almost 6 months. Their employees overseas rang my cell phone constantly for about 3 months (I never answered it). Back in the fall I moved but kept my unlisted landline which is a number they didn't have but somehow they got it. Now they are trying to trick me into answering the phone by having my caller ID show "Incomplete Data". I will not talk to them. I would like to pay them off but the fees are over the top! Out of the $1200 I owe them I bet my purchases are less than $200. They have sent a couple of offers to close the account and clear my credit history with them but the amount they offer is still too high. Trying to hang in to see if they sell the account to someone else. I would work with someone else but not with them, no way! They are theives and criminals as far as I am concerned and I will not give them a dime. I have other credit cards and have an excellent payment history with them as well as other financial obligations. No problems with anyone else. If you are considering getting a credit card or doing any business with APPLIED BANK, think again...don't do it! They will rob you.