Complaints & Reviews

applied bank card

No 04/01/2011 received a credit card from applied bank that I made a deposit of $200.00 they added $300.00 that made the credit $500.00 the fees came out to be $250.00 that left about $250.00, I use the card at taco bell, about $20.00 when I received the statement bill was to high so I call applied bank and the person said their are interest+monthly fees+. So my contact with the federal gov. Said pay them off and close the account and thats what I did I loaded the card up at cvs and called them to cancel this card return the money that belong to me. So when I returned home in 2015 and check my credit reports their was a bill for $560.00 they never returned my $200.00 when I try to contact them thy return the mail with tape on it, I paid this off with my credit union, this stayed on my credit for over 9 years, so now I will a civil rico lawsuit against applied bank card, and their officers in their own capacity so that some one can go to prison. These are the same people from cross country bank... American greed at its best I will file this lawsuit within 15 days

credit card

Edit this section
What happened?

I've had a ‘charge off' with Applied Bank credit card that's been on my credit report since 2013. Problem is, not only do I not know how this account got on my report, but neither does Applied! Yet it remains there. Finally, today, fed up with the negative mark on my credit reports, I decided to give it another shot and call them. I've already disputed this with the credit bureaus several times, but each time this company ‘validated' that the information they reported was correct. I asked today l, July 8th 2019 how much it would cost to just pay them to get rid of this, even though I truly believe it's fraud. They were actually super nice and friendly, but after talking to the higher ups in the company, they said they couldn't accept a dime from me because they have NO record of me ever having an account with them. There'd be no way to apply it to my ‘account' because there is none! I asked them "so if it actually were my debt and I wanted to pay it, how would I?" They stated that I couldn't have. That there'd be no way for them to accept money from someone they've got no record of owing them. I then asked the woman, Hailey, "ok, well then what is it you've been using to verify my account when you reply to the disputes Experian keeps sending you?" She stated that it wouldn't be possible for them to verify something that doesn't exist in their system. I then asked "is it possible this mystery debt was sold to a collection agency?" She stated that they only do in house collections, and that even if it were sent to an outside collector, they never get rid of that information. So naturally, my last question was "well can you remove it from my credit file?" She stated that she'd love to since clearly this is affecting me (and my ability to purchase a house as the lender requires it to me removed, even if I must pay a debt that isn't mine.) she stated unfortunately, she's not able to reach out to the bureaus and ask them to remove something she can't locate, and that my only course of action would be to dispute it again. I've done this. At least 3-4 times with no success. I then called Experian, the one reporting these bogus charges. They said the same thing, the only way to remove is to dispute it. I cannot have any open disputes while purchasing my home. It's my first home and I've got a family of 6 to care for. I'm now stuck with a horrible mark on my credit that no amount of money could even help, because I do not exist in this companies system, yet they continue to report it, and Experian continues to allow it. Yet my family gets to suffer the consequences of this clear case of fraud. All possible reports pertaining to this have been filed. I await a swift response so I can proceed with my home purchase.

general practices - customer service

I have had an credit card account with applied bank for 5 years. This card is better to be compared to a loan shark. To make an online payment it will cost you $10.95 and your monthly maintenance fee is $21.00 which is $31.95 a month for payment and maintenance fee and your finance charge interest is 26% so do the math. It will cost you $150.00 to open the $500.00 credit visa. The cost of $31.95 per month just to carry this card without using it is outrageous! I paid my bill in full today 2/1/2019 and called to cancel. They informed me that even though I paid my total amount due before the due date, I still owed for interest that had not even accrued yet! I told them to cancel my card immediately or I would file a complaint with the bbb. They did not seem to care and said I would receive "something" in writing within 30 days.

applied bank credit card

I have a credit card with Applied for several years. My payment is due on the 10th of the month. I paid my...

credit card

I have no idea who they are, they are on my credit I never got card from them or applied one I have no idea...

my credit card

I received a new credit card in august because mine had expired it worked just fine until about 2 weeks ago then I tried to use it and it kept getting declined I called costumer service and they told me that the expiration date on my card was different then what they had on there computers I used it for 3 months so how does it all of a sudden change then they tell me I have to pay 30 dollars to get another one why do I have to pay for your mistake I didn't change anything your the ones that sent the card I don't think it is fair that I have to pay for a different card it wasn't my mistske

• Updated by Brenda Huls · Oct 22, 2017

I received my applied card in august because it expired worked for 3 months then started to get declined called customer service they said the dates were wrong why did it work for 3 month then change and why do I have to pay 30 dollars to get another one when I didn't make the mistake this seems a bit unfair to your customers to have to pay for your mistakes

applied bank

I have an excellent credit rating and payment history with this company. Was out of town for a medical emergency. Payment due on 18th. Paid on 20th and am charged with a late payment fee of $35.00. Customer Service rep could barely speak English and just kep reading from the same script. Off to BBB and AG office next. DO NOT consider this company!!!

Fraudulent fees

I have had this card over 5 years.

I lost my card 1 time, requested a new one.

Charged me $30.00 for a new card and 60.00 for accout transfer fee.

90 dollars for a replacement card!!!

Every month fees are added to this account.

I called them and Tracy H40, so she says, pretty much told me Yes, thats what thet did. They have no interest in customer service. I asked Tracy for a superviser, again it was made clear that i will speak to her. She would not transfer!!

I closed my account. 200.00 account, over 170.00 in fees to close!!!

You would do better dealing with the mob!!!

I will be going for legal consult, BBB and any other avenue i can take. Its not the money, ITS THE DISHONEST PRACTICES

Credit card fees

got 500.00 credit card visa from applied bank.. they charge 125.00 on this right away so, its 375.00 credit you actually get I had to get a cash advance for 360.00 car repair.. so I owed them that plus the 125.00 they are charging me 18.00 for the cash advance 10.00 for making a payment early thru my bank with my debit card.. and 10.00 maint fee and 10.00 service fee and now that the fees are against me its put me over my credit limit.. so over the limit amount is 38.00 so instead of a 35.00 min payment like I just made? they want a 73.00 payment in dec.. and its like they are charging me 18.00 each month for the cash withdrawal.. instead of one amount each month with interest?? they are charging me close to 60.00 each month for nothing If they would up the credit limit and let me make the min payments then like any other great card company I would see the amount I owe leaving? instead its increasing.. and I am just rebuilding my credit.. when spoke to them its as yhough I do not matter, and I should have read the fine print, because its there? I did not see any of this or I would never have asked for this gut kicking card.. I cannot afford a 29 percent interest card with no one working with me.. and explaining away their fees? thats not helping me at all disgruntled, disgusted, frustrated and an older gal trying to make my way back thru the woods amongst the wolves

Fees and more fees

I got a 500.00 credit limit and visa thru them had to get a 360.00 cash advance thru my bank which I later learned applied bank charged me 18.00 for plus a 10.00 maint fee plus I still owed them the 125.00 they took from the 500.00 credit limit they gave me? anyway now I see on line since its all I can see is that I owe them 74.00 they charged me 38.00 for being over my credit limit? which would not have happened if their fees had not placed me over their limit.. so if I do not have the money for this amount they will also charge me a late fee plus still the 10.00 maint? fee? which they claim they need to let credit people know you are on board? spoke with 5 people 2 hung up on me.. 2 talked over me.. and the last one said he was a manager.. explained away all the charges to try and make me see the fairness of their shrewd bank dealings for people like me trying to get back on their feet.. hoping for a helping hand so they can walk with their head held high again.. and this is how a person gets led down a rat hole. trusting people like this..

Excessive fees

I am writing this email because I want anyone thinking of submitting an application online or paper, to not...

Ridiculous fees,

I have had this card for 2 years, we got it when our credit was sub-par, I have always paid it on time and to thank me they give you a credit increase BUT charge you another $100.00 for a $300.00 increase. They also charge you to pay your bill. $10.95 a month, $9.95 monthly maintenance fee, 29% APR, and $89.99 a year user fee. To sum it up...if you don't use the credit card at all it's still going to cost you over $30.00 a month for it to sit in your wallet or purse. Eventually if it's your first credit card they have trapped you into keeping it to upkeep your credit score history. In my opinion it is a pure legal SCAM.

• Wh
    What's wrong with you? Jan 19, 2015

There are other card companies. Maybe it's time to find a new creditor.

• Le
    leoknightress Nov 12, 2015

I got 500.00 credit card visa from applied bank.. they charge 125.00 on this right away so, its 375.00 credit you actually get
    they are charging me close to 60.00 each month for nothing

Fees illegal

I wanted to fix my credit and opened a $350 limit business visa. This company is a joke. To make a payment online or over the phone is an additional $10 on top of you payment. The fees are ridiculous. I cancelled my card today after someone illegally charged my card overseas. I called and told them about the fraud and they told me to cancel my card and they'd send me a new one. They charged me $30 for the new card. In the meantime I couldn't pay my bill because the site was down, I couldn't get a balance statement, and the phone billing system asked for my card number which I didn't have yet. Got the new card and logged in on site to now find out I'm over my $350 limit by $100. When I called to ask them to explain it they said I was charged $30 for new card and a $35 late fee. That put me over my limit and then they charged me an additional $35 over limit fee. This company should be shut down it is BS. Go get a secured Visa from a normal bank that reports Monthly payments to the credit bureaus. Safer way to go

Fees

This Bank does not care about anything except charging fees. All they need is $.08 on deposit for its owners to make loans for a $1.00. You have to jump through several hoops just to contact them and you can hear the contempt in thier voices. My card expired and then they charged me $30.00 for a replacement card. They suspended my account for security reasons ie. (no current address). I had just paid the $50.00 annual fee bill that was sent to my address. It's very difficult to communicate with this Bank, its a scam, top to bottom. The CEO has definently engineered this operaation to prey on Americans that have had a tough time in recent years. Why have Americans had a tough time? Guess what? It was the greedy Banks that caused our troubles to begin with!!!

• Do
    dogonreviews Jun 21, 2013

The smart Americans are the young ones who know better than giving banks UNEARNED money to thwart on NEW housing bubbles and the like! Applied bank SUCKS!

Horrible Bank

My husband and I recently got a secured card from Applied Bank, with a credit line of $2100.00. At first all seemed well. It was easy as could be to get the card and no applying for it. That cost us $50 for the first card. Then my husband ordered a separate card for me...another $30. Well that was expected. Then I notice, no matter when you pay your bill, there was always a charge, what looked like and was called an interest fee, even though I would pay off the entire bill in full by the due date. It took 3 phone calls to them, before it was disclosed that they charge what they call a "finance fee" not interest on all your purchases, regardless of when you pay your bill. There will always be these charges if you use your card. As soon as I heard that, I immediately decided to find somewhere else to get our cards from. Am now waiting for our security deposit to be returned. Their customer service is terrible. You will either get someone who is Indian that you cannot understand, or someone that makes no sense. They tried telling us twice that they don't charge any interest, that it's really a "finance fee". But on the statements it's called interest. I'm not paying interest on my own money. I detest this bank. Wish I would have found this complaints board sooner.

Impossible to make payment

applied for secured credit card to reestablish credit, used it, tried to make my 1st online pmnt, website kept shutting down, i thought, no problem, surely i will be able to submit a pmnt over the phone, kept getting automated message stating technical difficulties, called all other numbers, was rudely transfered back to credit card dept w same automated message, i guess the late fee they will charge me is their way of funding their other financial ventures. Having much regret, this defeats my purpose of reestablishing credit. I will definately be closing my account ASAP! All togeher i have wasted 2 hours of my life trying to take care of this matter. SUCH A DISSERVICE!!!

Credit Card Fraud

I am in the process of preparing legal action against Applied Bank of Wilmington Delaware with regard to...

Fees, no way to get a payment in

This is THE WORST BANK ever. I have a credit card from this bank. I am a heavy credit user and make marginal...

The king of credit card ripoff companies!

Applied Bank takes the cake when it comes to ripping off the consumer who is trying to clean up their credit from a failed economy that was brought about in the first place by crooked financial institutions! They say that making a direct payment from your checking account does not get posted to your account for 8 to 12 days even though they get the money within 48 hours and it can be verified. They are making millions of extra dollars a year on your money playing this game. Then they charge you late fees even though you made your payment well before your due date. They claim this is their standard policy for both secured and non-secured credit cards. What "A" borrower would ever in their right mind use this company? Don't mess with this unprofessional credit card company. You will be paying through the nose in fees not to mention the frustration it will cause you.

Outrageous interest rates, monthly fees,

This is without a doubt the worst bank in the country to get a credit card from. These unscrupulous blood suckers will take as much money from as they can get. They hold your payment until it is late, just so they can charge you a late fee. They post payments late. They charge a monthly maintenance fee for nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. Their customer service is non existent. I have had to report these crooks to the Delaware atty general and Delaware banking commission several times to get some satisfaction. BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS, RUN THE OTHER WAY.

Joseph13 Aug 29, 2013

I agree totally with you this is by far the worst bank to obtain any credit,
    Small credit lines
    set up fees os 125
    monthly fees of 10 a month
    they even charge you when you pay them 7.00 dollars
    the customer service is the worst, never willing to help the customer and no supervisor are available.
    I give Applied Bank the worst review ever.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices