Applebee's Restaurant, McKinley Parkway. Blasdell, NY 14219 / two for $20 promotion

Blasdell, NY, United States Review updated:

I've been seeing your television commercial for the 2 for $20/two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts and decided to take my granddaughter there last night for dinner. The waitress corrected me and said it was one appetizer to split, two entrees and no desserts. I called the manager (TJ) after seeing the ad again this morning and also told me I must be seeing the ad wrong or, and are you ready for this (??) - that the commercial must be for another restaurant other than Applebees.

I don't see how you can run commercials promoting a product which you are not providing when people arrive for that product. Am I supposed to call in advance to check?

Karen O. Rostad

Ka
Oct 12, 2018

Comments

• Su
      13th of Oct, 2018

I saw the commercial today on TVLand. Three times in about four hours. Two for twenty; two appetizers, two dinners and two desserts.

Funny thing, though, the commercial was for Chili’s and NOT Applebee’s.

Applebee’s has “Visit Applebee's® and enjoy two entrees and one appetizer for just $20.” I found that on a Google search for “2 for $20.”

You were clearly wrong and the server and manager was right. A simple web search would have helped you not look like a fool. And, yes, always call and check. Most companies have a disclaimer of “at participating (name of business) only.”

Check to be sure. The manager — are you ready for this — was correct. A call to the manager apologizing for your mistake and saying you just wanted good food at a great price might get you a free meal or matching special. Business wants to keep customers and often give away things to keep you.