Apple Vacations / misrepresentation of resort

1 101 Northwest Point BlvdElk Grove Village, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-640-1150

I will never use Apple Vacations again!!! They sold me a square deal vacation to Punta Cana and assured me that all 4 resorts in the square deal would be a 6 golden apple resort. They advertise a 6 golden apple as high level of luxury. Well when we arrived at the airport we were given Sunscape the Beach which is now Dreams. We get to the resort and the whole place is under construction. All the tiles through out the whole resort were being redone. There were some missing and at night it wasn't very visible due to poor lighting. My Fiance smacked his foot and it was bleeding. We went to Concierge and asked for band aid and we were told we had to go to drug store in resort and pay $10 for a box of band aids. Dreams the restaurant that was supposedly and high end restaurant was closed. The nite club smelled like it had previously flooded and it had a disgusting smell of mold. The rooms were disgusting. The food was terrible. The food was no different than a old country buffet. My biggest complaint is I wish Apple had told me ahead of time of the construction, the merger, the dreams restaurant being. I was assured that all the properties in the square deal were a six golden apple resort and what I got was a 2. Apple misrepresented this property in a big way and should of done their homework ahead of time. They have sent me several letters back and forth and they keep stating that the resort now called dreamas wants to offer me a 7 night complimentary stay. There is no way I am going back to the same place I had such a bad experience at. I was expecting luxury and I got low budget. Apple vacations is dodging the subject and do not take any responsibility. Beware of booking any vacations with Apple Vacation.

Comments

• Sb
      28th of Jun, 2016

This happened to me and my husband last month when we went to Dreams for my 30th bday. We left the next day because rooms smelled like mold, we checked 5 rooms and all of them were the same. We supposed to stay 7 nights and we stayed only 1 night. They refuse to give us any refund. We wasted time, money and $3000. I noticed that you are from Elk Grove Village. We live in Wood Dale.