AOL / Charge for free service!

In June of 2006 my son bought me a Dell computer. My son-in-law installed it for me. It came with six months of free AOL. I have my own Internet provider, so I called and cancelled the six month deal. I was told by friends "good luck in cancelling as it can be a headache dealing with AOL."

My February 2007 Visa bill had a charge of $29.50 dated 1-07. I didn't notice it immediately and paid the bill. For some reason the Visa bills for March, April, and May were not received by me. There were a lot of things on my mind at the time and when it was finally noticed, AOL had charged me the $29.50 on 2-07, 3-07, 4-07, and now today 5-07.

My bank was able to have the late charges and finance charges removed and I paid the bill. Upon returning home with the statements the bank received from Visa for me, is when I saw the charges every month. Today, my daughter and the bank employee tried in vain to have AOL reimburse me for the 5 months worth of charges for services that I do not use or want.

I wanted to cancel my Visa card for a new one, but they told the bank employee any charges from AOL would be denied.

Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.

I notified the post office of not getting my mail.

Catherine Berger