Anytime Fitness / poor customer service

I called Desiree at Kenosha 18th street Anytime fitness to find out how to cancel my membership. She told me that I could not cancel my membership and that if I was unable to pay my membership dues that I would be sent to collections. I explained to her that I was looking into doing a bill consolidation plan that would not include a gym membership in their program and that I would need to cancel my membership. She told me that was not a reason to cancel a membership. She was so rude! I am sorry that I joined this club because you are locked in once you join. There are no early out options. I would have paid an early cancellation fee. My advice is Do Not Join a club that forces you to remain locked into a commitment. Anything can happen in a two year time frame and You are truly LOCKED IN.
DO NOT JOIN THIS CLUB!

Comments

Nov 03, 2013

Unhappy at Anytime, I am truly sorry about your specific circumstances. I would recommend that if you did not get a solution, you would escalated the issue to a higher manager. It is unfortunate that she could not help you since they are trained in dealing with these types of circumstances. Nevertheless, Anytime Fitness' intentions were not to workout a deal that left both of your in a bad place. They are an accountability club and they are suppose to hold you accountable to exercise and to your promise of a long time fitness journey. Adversity, including financial hardships, happen in life - and they have effectively managed to help many of their members. If your issue was never resolved. I invite you to stop by again.