Anthropologie.com / Online ordering
The website accepts orders for things they don't even know for sure that they have! I ordered an item online (for a special occasion which has now come and gone), waited a week, and finally called to find out why I'd never received an email confirming that my order had been received, even though my payment had posted to the bank and showed up there as "pending." Isn't a confirmation email just common practice these days when you shop online?
Not at Anthropologie. After a lot of confused questioning (because I couldn't believe a company this size would have such a bizarre policy), I finally understood how they do business online. After you complete your order, THAT is when their inventory system looks to see if the item is actually available. It might be, or it might not. If it isn't in one warehouse, they look in the other. Then they ask around at various stores. IF they find it, THEN they will actually bill your card, and that's when you get to officially start waiting for it to be shipped. If they don't find it, you will eventually get an email letting you know that the item you ordered is no longer available. This process could take up to a couple of weeks. But hey - thanks for shopping with us. Better luck next time!
Seriously, e-commerce is coming up on 20 years old. Your website should be integrated with your warehouse inventory, and tying in the actual stores is not that hard either - every cash register is a computer these days. If an item isn't available to buy, the website should say so.
Please get it together.
More Anthropologie.com Complaints & Reviews
- Anthropologie - Never encountered such terrible service and policies 
- Anthropologie - This company is really just looking for your buck and they will trow away loyal employees to save a few 
- Anthropologie - Worst customer service/policy 
- Anthropologie - Bad shopping experience 
- Anthropologie - International Shipping 
- Anthropologie - online ordering
- [Resolved] Anthropologie - unethical business
- Anthropologie - awful company where everyone from customer service gives contradicting information
- Anthropologie - metropolitan delivery service
- Anthropologie - be careful before you buy here