Amerigas / Withholding information on "billable" charges
I had phoned them on 12/22/2016 about smelling propane. A service person came out and checked for leaks, found the source, and I agreed to have them fill the tank with 100 gallons. About a week later, I received a bill for the gas.
I payed it via credit card over the phone. The representative said that my bill was paid in full. Then around January 15th, I get a new bill of $151.00 for "service labor" and "service call". At no time on my initial request to the company on 12/22, or 1 week later when I was told my bill was paid in full, was there any mention of this additional charge. I have checked with other propane companies, and they have all stated that any time a service is "billable" they tell the customer in advance of the service.
I seriously object to this unethical practice. I can't imagine that they have any good will built up with customers when they deceive them.
I would love a credit, but from reading other reviews, I realize that this is highly unlikely.
More Amerigas Complaints & Reviews
- Amerigas/propane - overcharging the public 
- Amerigas - Customer Relations 
- Amerigas - Terrible company 
- Amerigas - Incompetence /Fraud 
- Amerigas - LACK OF SERIVCE 
- Amerigas - 35 Deg. / 5 days no heat. Gas turned off!!! 
- AmeriGas Propane - american flag
- Amerigas - Screwed up my front lawn 
- Amerigas - illegal tapping off tank 
- Amerigas - Leak Check Charge