Amerigas / Refusal to Cancel Account/Unrequested Delivery
Since being informed that our yearly rate was jumping more than double what we paid in 2009, we paid up our account and informed them that we were closing the account. Multiple letters have been sent to this company including a recent one that was sent registered mail - we have yet to receive notification from the postal service that it was accepted. Each month we receive a new bill with additional late fees tacked on and when we have tried to talk with them we are told that they can do nothing locally but they will not connect us to anyone that can. Why can you not close an account with this business? We do not have any contractual obligations to them, nor have we ever signed anything with them.
Today, 11/17/2010 was the final straw. My wife returned home to find that Amerigas had made a delivery (the first attempt since May) of 121 gallons of propane and left us a bill for just under $1000. Normally I keep a vehicle parked over the inground propane tank but did not pull up far enough this time so the driver was able to access the tank. We have now placed a call with them to come back and withdraw the 121 gallons by 3:00 pm today as we did not authorize the delivery nor do we wish to do any further business with them.
More Amerigas Complaints & Reviews
- Amerigas/propane - overcharging the public 
- Amerigas - Customer Relations 
- Amerigas - Terrible company 
- Amerigas - Incompetence /Fraud 
- Amerigas - LACK OF SERIVCE 
- Amerigas - 35 Deg. / 5 days no heat. Gas turned off!!! 
- AmeriGas Propane - american flag
- Amerigas - Screwed up my front lawn 
- Amerigas - illegal tapping off tank 
- Amerigas - Leak Check Charge