Amerigas / Terrible customer service

I have been trying to get gas for almost 6 weeks now. The first two weeks I called our local office and was told they would put my name on the list. Week three, still no gas. I then decided to call the National customer care line. They explained that they were transitioning to a new computer program and they would call the local office. Week 4, no gas, no phone call, nothing. Week 5, I again call the National number (because they record calls and I wanted a record of my repeated requests), they finally get the local office to call me back. Now the excuse is I "fell off" the EZ pay program in August 2009 because we "hadn't been paying enough". Well I found this hard to believe since I had gas delivered twice last season without a hitch. In addition, we had purchased a gas fireplace and tankless water heater that we financed through them. We had been paying every month on our account. So they were supposed to resubmit our request to the corporate credit office (this was Wed 11/3) The local office assured me she would work on this and call me back. It is now a week later Wednesday, and no call, still no gas, nothing. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Gl

Comments

• Am
      15th of Jan, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at [protected]@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.