Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / motel-hotel room overcharge and service

1 2392 Townsgate Road, Suite 100, Westlake Village, CA., United States

On December 30, 2018 at approx. 9:35 PM the triple AAA tow truck from ROSSNAGLE auto service in Phillipsburg, New Jersey called the above America's Best Value Inn to see if they had a room since he claimed he could not start my car.
The hotel/motel claimed to only have only one non smoking room available, a king size bed on the ground floor for $100 a night plus tax, plus $15 for my dog. There are no other hotels/motels in the area. I arrived at around 10:15 PM. The women at the desk agreed to take $5.00 off but not less though I pointed out online there was a price of $58-75.00. She told me the manager Ray would be in the next day and I could speak to him. I also asked for a late checkout since I did not know when the car would be repaired. She said she did not know his last name and there was no card or listing in the lobby with the managers name, which is required by law.

When I got in the room I found fresh makeup spots on the bathroom wall, dirt in the sink that had not been scrubbed off. I started to clean it and then realized that I needed to take pictures. I decided to sleep in my clothes incase the bed was also dirty. I did not sleep on sheets, rather on top of the sheets in my clothes. I have pictures. The carpet was dirty and the glass windows were filled with some sort of smudges and fog (a bit brown on my hands when I touched them). I complained to the AM person named Ululee (pronounced Ulee), who said she could not get in touch with the manager. She came to the room and saw the dirt in the bathroom. The room phone also did not work, though it was plugged in on the phone and jack outlets. That was about 8:30 AM. At 11:50 I still had not heard from any one on the property with a supervisory capacity. I decided to call the Americas best Value Inn customer service number and was put on hold for over 15 minutes. They claimed they only deal with reservations when someone finally came on. At around 11 AM, the housekeeping manager, who said she works as the assistant manager would not give her name. She sad she had no way to go into the system to correct the overcharge and it would have to wait until Wednesday when the manager returned. She also refused to give the Manager's full name.

I am looking for a complete refund...I could not use room phone, had to clean the areas in the bathroom before I could use it and slept in my clothes just in case the bed was as filthy as the room. I want an apology and an explanation about why there is no housekeeping oversight, nor a listing of appropriate manager. I want an explanation about why I was overcharged (the place WAS NOT FULL) for a non smoking room (I am a lung cancer survivor) that was not clean. I would like the FTC to investigate RLH corporation and it's subsidiary hotel and motel brands as regards franchisee training, and compliance with state health and business regulations.

Thank you.
Marcia Kannry
PO Box [protected] Collins Road
Allentown, Pa. 18109ON December 30, 2018 I was towed to the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in Phillipsburg, NJ.

Ma