America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses / Glasses were not ready in two weeks time

I called every other day to see if my order was ready. I was serviced on 05/12/08.i called the morning of 05/27/08 to see if my order was ready, then I was informed that the frame I wanted was out of stock, so I had to go back and select another frame. Mind you no one called to let me know the frame was not in stock. I was told the morning of 05/27/08 when I called. Also my second pair was supposed to be only tinted lens they had bifocal put on the tinted pair. They were not to be bifocal only to block the sun. This was my first time using your company, I am not pleased with the service at all

Va

Comments

• Do
      7th of Mar, 2009

I went to Americas Best for contacts . Because I have never worn contacts before I had to attend a class on how to install and remove them . I am 44 years old and because I have never had to do this before it was difficult to say the least ! My situation was only compounded by the lack of patience demonstrated by the staff at Americas Best . Because the weekends are so busy for them I was told that I must return on a week day to finish this so called class . I am in the trades and it is very difficult for me to this as I have explained to the manager at the location in Tinley Park Il . I find it disturbing that the were not that busy on weekend to except my $89, 00.00 . I believe Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses is a foreign owned company, perhaps its parent company is Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses of Russia because they only serve you when they TEll you to come in and not when it is convenient for the consumer. I am not all at pleased with Americas Best Contacts and Eye Glasses . THIS COMPANY IS NOT AMERICAS BEST!!

• Pa
      18th of Mar, 2009

I disagree. I think the staff and service was wonderful.

• Js
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I think to understand how America's Best can offer such a great value, you have to understand that they are making money by selling volume. You can go sit in LensCrafters and get served in 10 minutes on a Saturday without any problem, and walk away with a $300 pair of glasses, or you can arrange to go during non-peak hours and spend your $89.

It's the classic time vs. value equation.

Also, a quick google search, and you'll learn America's Best is a subsidiary of National Vision, Inc, a company based out of Lawrenceville, GA (have no idea where the foreign assumption came from).

• Tw
      28th of Oct, 2009

I dont think many people really UNDERSTAND the whole two pairs for the $69.95. I get tired of people assuming and getting mad at the fact that they cant have progressive lenses for $69.95. I mean come on people...

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2011

I see both sides. I understood the 69.95 would be just for basic lens and frames. I do realize that I, having a strong prescription, will always have to pay upgrades for thinner lenses and I always get the anti glare(LOVE anti glare!). But, I just used America's Best (Feb.2011) and I will just give you my opinion. I went at the wrong time of the year(tax return time)! They were packed and even though I had an appointment, the people that walked in, all of them were served before me and I had to wait for an hour and 1/2 after my appointment time. They really should have served those who had an appointment and worked in those who walked in or set their appt for another day. I already have my glasses back and do enjoy them but after doing some research, their upgrades are rediculously expensive. I would have been better off paying for an eye appointment and getting my prescription and ordering online @ something like eyebuydirect which i found with a simple google search. I made up an order with them and frames and upgrades(super thin lens, anti scratch, anti glare, and uv protection)for 2 pairs came to $110.00! My total at America's Best came to $370.00! That's tooooooo big of a difference for me! I would have come out better getting the regular $69.95 special and getting the prescription and then ordering that prescription on the internet. Believe me, this will not happen again! Now, as far as customer service, the doctor at our location was wonderful but i did voice to the doctor how one of the employees out in the front had a horrible attitude toward a customer that was returning her glasses. She ended up helping me when I was picking my frames and had a much better attitude. But, then, she helped me when I picked up my glasses and she had that same nasty attitude I had witnessed before. But, I will voice that with that location and let them handle that. Well, that is my experience so maybe that will help someone save a little bit if doing upgrades when looking to go there. Oh, by the way, I priced my dads glasses online who had his appointment after mine. He was supposed to get bifocals but they were so expensive, he ended up getting single vision and somehow, they still ended up with him having a $170.00 bill so I will be looking into this also. I made him an order online and it came up to $60(1 pair) with PROGRESSIVE lenses with antiglare, antiscratch and uv protection and frame!(he didn't need the thin lens which would have added $20-$30 depending on how thin you need them) So he could have ended up with 2 pairs, with what he needed, for $120.

• Dc
      24th of Jun, 2014

I purchase a pair of Ray Bans with a the trimmings. A little more than a year latter. The lenses are impairing my vision. Anti-glare coating is the culprit. I contacted America's Best in Metairie, LA. They told me that the lenses were not covered under warranty because I caused the problem by not cleaning the classes properly. I'm sure that there are alot more people out there with this issue. Stay away from anti-glare coatings.