American Signature / Careful of Finance Plans

United States Review updated:
On 11/4/2007 I purchased my first order from American signature totaling $1, 609.05. At this point the sales person informed me of the finance special that was going on which was 0% finance for 12 months if we open an account with American Signature. We decided to open account. On 12/11/07 we went back to American Signature to purchase additional furniture. When we were checking out we asked if the finance promo was still going on and our sales representative said that it was and that he would add this order to our account. We then put in our calendar to pay both bill off in full on 10/20/2008 since it would be due by 10/29/2008. We just learned that the second purchase was put on a 6-month plan instead of 12-months and that we will be incurring finance charges on the second order totally $127.46. I called the American Signature store where we purchased our furniture and spoke with June. June said that she would have the manager call me back. Almost a week went by and no call from Alicia, the manager. Called back today and June connected me to Jason. Jason told me that it was our fault that we did not see the payment plan on the receipt (it says 6mo SAC NO PAY DEFERED. I explained that the sales rep told us that we could add our order to the same finance plan and never mentioned that it would be 6 months instead of 12 months. Jason was short, rude and quite frankly did not care. Jason said that they could not do anything about the finance charges. However, when I spoke with the finance company for American Signature they said that American Signature could write a letter explaining that I should have been on the 12-month financing plan. They were extremely rude.

Comments

St
  3rd of Feb, 2009
American Signature is beyond horrid. Not enough time or space to tell all my "stories" but I think the utlimate test of my intelligence was when I bought a white buffet server for my kitchen. There were a LOT of scratches on one side, so I wanted a new one. They came to my house, took it back and a week later called me to let me know that the replacement [piece came in. They re-delivered this second piece, but I would not let them take it off the truck until I inspected it first. Can you believe they took a can of white GLOSS spray paint and "touched up" the scratches on this factory medium gloss painted piece? All you could see were white, shiny spots! I never buy anything from them, but at least once a year I go in and pick out a complete room or two that costs about $3500 - you should see the sparkle in the sales persons eyes. Priceless! I charge it to my American Signature Credit Account then 2 days later I call and cancel. I just like to f*** with them...

American Signature Furniture Logo American Signature Furniture