American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] / home warranty and contractor complaint

1 Charlottesville, IN, United States

My plan number is [protected]. I submitted a request for service on Saturday, October 13 for a blockage in my kitchen garbage disposal unit. I did not hear from the contractor, Blue Ridge Mountain Plumbing until I called them on Monday, October 15th. They scheduled me for between 12 and 4 pm that day. I waited for them and, when at 4:30 pm they had not arrived, I telephoned them to inquire as to their arrival time. The representative told me that, in fact, somehow, the appointment had not been allotted to any of their plumbers and that I had to wait until today and that it would be another 4 hr window. I asked them for an exact time because I cannot spend the better half of another day waiting for them. My kitchen is unusable and is unsanitary. The representative became defensive and argumentative and eventually hung up the phone. I called AHS and requested that another contractor is called immediately to fix the problem. I was told by the AHS representative that they had to give the original contractor a second chance to reschedule the service appointment. Given the unpleasant tone of the conversation and given that I am a woman alone in a home, I told the AHS rep that I was not comfortable having Blue Ridge Mountain Plumbing in my home and requested that they call another provider immediately. This request was denied by AHS. I asked again. The request was denied. I was told to wait until this morning and if Blue Ridge Plumbing had not responded by then, AHS would find another contractor. I came down to my kitchen to find dirty water all over the floor and in the cabinet under the sink. I am attaching photographs. I called AHS again and after a good 15 minutes on the phone, an appointment has been scheduled for between 12 and 2 today with Advanced Plumbing Services.
I am writing because this experience has been very distressing and time-consuming and not what I would expect from AHS. I have been unable to use my kitchen since Saturday and the problem has worsened considerably, resulting now in water damage to my kitchen floor, cabinet and personal items that were under the sink. I have done my best to clean up the mess but I know that water damage can have very serious consequences.
In addition, I am a Real Estate professional who is very familiar with the Home Warranty industry. I would be appalled and embarrassed if one of my clients had to endure this poor standard of service from a Home Warranty Company that I had recommended to them.
I very much hope that AHS will fully remediate this damage and ensure that this does not happen again, to me or any of your policyholders.
I look forward to your response,
Yours Faithfully,