American Home Sheild / Criminal Tespass

United States, Texas, Highland Village
All-Clear Pool Service, Inc Dallas TX
Highland Village
I requested a service call about a problem with our pool equipment. American Home Shield (AHS) contacted All-Clear Pool Service and emailed their contact info. That was on Thursday, I called All-Clear on Friday to see when to expect them; but I was told that my specific problem (Fault in Chlorination System) was not covered by AHS warranty. So I told All-Clear Pool Service to cancel the service call and he said no problem, thanks. (meanwhile, I called another local pool service and had the problem fixed on Saturday - NOT by AHS). Well, on Tuesday my pool failed to start at the usual 9:00 am filtering cycle! I discovered that someone had placed the pool control system in Service Mode, changed the manual control valves, and disabled our regular control settings. What happened? So I called All-Clear Pool Services and spoke to the owner, he final confessed that he and his son did go to our address, entered our property (without permission), found nothing needing repair, and then left (nobody was home he said)!! My next call was to AHS where I explained and I was told " I'm sorry that happened. Don't worry about it. We will take care of the situation with the contractor so it doesn't happen again. Thanks for calling to let us know what happened." Well, the next month I received a bill from AHS for a Service Fee (All-Clear Pool Service). I called AHS again, was told I had to pay the service call because I FAILED TO CANCEL THE SERVICE CALL THROUGH AHS. I explained again that I did cancel the service call, but AHS would not remove or cancel the balance due($75). AHS even put my call on hold, called the All-Clear Pool Service to verify my claim as to what happened. AHS then told me that I had to pay because the service call was made to that address (even though I called the Friday before to cancel, and that NOBODY WAS HOME when the service call was made, and the servicing personnel entered onto our property - without any permission of the home owner. They left no intentional evidence of their visit - no invoice, no notice, only disabling and changing the pool system controls.). I told AHS that there would be no repeat of this kind of service and that if it happens again I am calling the police to charge them with criminal trespass (I still do not know what did occur while the service personnel where alone, on my property ). Beware of ANY Servicemaster Company.
May 4, 2015