[Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse / blackballed by american furniture warehouse!

United States Review updated:
I purchased a bookcase from American Furniture Warehouse at I-25 & Filmore in Colorado Springs and assumed it came in a box and would require some assembly. When it arrived, it was fully assembled and I said I couldn't fit it in my van. They proceeded to jam it in sideways while I was talking to the shipping clerk. No mention was made that I could have it delivered.

When I got it home, I had considerable difficulty getting it out of the van and up the flight of stairs to my office. I'm 68 and live at 7000 feet. When I unwrapped it, I found a large damaged area in the back of the paneling and that many of the holes for the adjustable shelves had not been drilled. I called AFW several times to no avail except me getting the unit back in my van and taking it back to AFW.

Finally the consumer service clerk said my resources were at an end as I had been "black balled" by AFW because of our many complaints. It developed that several years ago my wife asked for missing shelf supports to be mailed to her. They never were, I found some extra ones in another bookcase. But AFW registered us as chronic complainers and now "we are not welcome to shop there".

Resolution statement

Dear Princess,

After reading your complaint here on "Complaints Board" I would love for you to contact me at 303-272-3103 or email me at rnaish@afwonline.com so we could discuss this further. I would like more information so that I could look up what we have on in our records in hopes of resolving this issue with you in some way.

With My Apologies,

Rob Naish
American Furniture Warehouse

A  19th of Jul, 2007 by
All I want to say is American Furniture Warehouse has some of the most unprofessional customer service agents I have ever dealt with! They will antagonize you by not offering to accommodate the customer in any way and then when you become upset then they say you, the customer are are being irate. I too had my my order canceled! Someone really needs to look into this... because it isn't always the customers fault. AFW, quit siding with your employees and take note... maybe you should just call them yourself, unidentified, or course and ask to speak to one of the managers... LOOK OUT!!

I know there have to be more people out there who have had issues but just haven't posted any comments.

American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] Logo American Furniture Warehouse [AFW]