[Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse / blackballed by american furniture warehouse!
I purchased a bookcase from American Furniture Warehouse at I-25 & Filmore in Colorado Springs and assumed it came in a box and would require some assembly. When it arrived, it was fully assembled and I said I couldn't fit it in my van. They proceeded to jam it in sideways while I was talking to the shipping clerk. No mention was made that I could have it delivered.
When I got it home, I had considerable difficulty getting it out of the van and up the flight of stairs to my office. I'm 68 and live at 7000 feet. When I unwrapped it, I found a large damaged area in the back of the paneling and that many of the holes for the adjustable shelves had not been drilled. I called AFW several times to no avail except me getting the unit back in my van and taking it back to AFW.
Finally the consumer service clerk said my resources were at an end as I had been "black balled" by AFW because of our many complaints. It developed that several years ago my wife asked for missing shelf supports to be mailed to her. They never were, I found some extra ones in another bookcase. But AFW registered us as chronic complainers and now "we are not welcome to shop there".
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] Customer Care's Response, Sep 08, 2009
After reading your complaint here on "Complaints Board" I would love for you to contact me at 303-272-3103 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we could discuss this further. I would like more information so that I could look up what we have on in our records in hopes of resolving this issue with you in some way.
With My Apologies,
American Furniture Warehouse
More American Furniture Warehouse Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - financing
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - poor service! 
- American Furniture Warehouse - racial discrimination and bad customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - poor quality furniture and customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - customer service is the worst - canceled order & never told us 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - need to make a warranty claim
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - sectional reclining sofa
- American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - sofa cushions 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - bed set