American Express / direct debit application form

1 Ireland

I have a Corporate Amex card and from the beggining of May up to now I'm trying to set up Direct Debit with Amex. I sent the correctly filled in Direct Debit Application Form provided by Amex to UK branch of that company. For the first time (beginning of May) Customer Service said that they did not receive it. For the second time I received the letter dated 04th August with the Direct Debit Set-Up Confirmation.

Therefore I believed that everything is okay now but... I was wrong!

On 15th August I received the letter which to certain extend highlights the weaknesses with the controls relating to review of Direct Debit Application Forms from customers. This letter (by the way without the logo and the signature of the person who wrote it) is stating that MY bank returned the Direct Debit Mandate advising that details are invalid. The same letter was accompanied by my Application form and copy of the Bank letter. The Bank Letter was not from my bank but from some other one even though my Application Form sent to Amex had the correct name and address of my Bank.

I called the Amex in UK and they told me that indeed they made mistake and advised me to resent the third signed Application (of course no one even offered me any return for the postage costs)

Ra