Amazon / lack of customer service

1 United States

was paid for an item through amazon payments service online in the amount of 300. I verified my bank account with amazon and attempted to withdraw the 300 dollars into my chase bank account. I received a email saying the transfer failed. I called my bank and they said the transfer was not blocked on their end. I proceeded to attempt the withdawl again at which time I realized they put a hold on my account. I was given no reason for the hold and told customer service could not access my account. I was told my account could only be accessed by an account specialist. They proceeded to tell me that there is absolutely no phone number and all contact must be emailed to the account reps and that I would receive a response withing 48 hours.
After a total of 5 phone calls I still hadnt received a response from anyone. I called amazon again today may 21st and Customer service told me that it was my fault that I hadnt received a response because the form I filled out was incomplete.I had not told them my banks phone number. I told the customer service rep that I had not filled out the form, but rather one of their reps had filled it out for me and never asked me what my banks phone number was. I have multiple bank information on my account and asked the rep which number he needed and he told me he could not tell because he could not access the account. I would have to re fill out the form and wait an additional 24-48 Hours for a response from an acoount representative. I told the rep that I want the 300 dollars deposited in my bank account and my amazon payment account closed or I want the Amazon payments customer that sent me the money to have their credit card credited back for the 300 dollars. The rep told me he can do nothing to the account because its on hold and he would have to wait for an account specialist to take the account off hold. So at this point in time i cant even close my account or thouch my 300 dollars. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. This actually isnt customer service because the department does not have the power to provide me with any service whatsoever. All of the service lies in the hands of the Account specialist who dont even have a phone number.