Ally My Sons Moving and Storage / Shady billing practices

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I scheduled my local move (12.5 mi) via their website. Someone called and confirmed that they would send one truck and two movers, and that they would charge me $89/hr. I agreed to the price, and even confirmed it again the day before my move. When the movers showed up, they moved at a snail's pace despite my prompting to speed it up a bit, and they took cell phone calls and chatted the whole time. What should have taken just a couple of hours took almost four. When the move was completed, I expected to be billed approx. $350, but the bill I was handed was for $466. When I questioned the discrepancy, I was told it was "travel time" to and from their office and a fuel surcharge. I was NOT told about any of these additional charges before my move, and I would not have hired them if they had told me. I am still trying to dispute this bill, but I am being bounced around from one curt (bordering on rude) customer service person to another. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Bo

Comments

• Si
      22nd of May, 2008

You should always ask about hidden charges before confirming any sort of deals, I have learnt the hard way with that.

• We
      1st of Dec, 2017

@Simon Of course there's footage a guy runs a channel

• We
      1st of Dec, 2017

One branch of this company did hit the 11 8 bridge in Raleigh Durham north Carolina