Albertsons / single croissant pricing

1 370 SW Sedgwick Rd, Port Orchard, WA 98367, United States Review updated:

This morning (2/11/19) I purchased 3 individual croissants from the bakery department and on the case that contained the croissants it was marked at a price of .79 cents that I presumed was the cost for each croissant. Upon completion of checking out my items I noticed that I'd been charged almost double the marked price and so I stopped and asked Toni at the self checkout to look into my issue. It was then explained to me that yes, there was a marked price of .79 cents of the door to the container that I'd selected each of the croissants from but that price was for another item that wasn't in the case and that basically they wouldn't honor the price because it read in the small print it was for another item. I think if the item is in a case and there is a price tag on it that it's a fair assumption that a customer would assume it's for the item that's actually inside of it and to provide such bad service over the difference in cost of the items and since the service is so poor and clearly the associates care more for the stores bottom line rather than the customer(s) who contribute to it I'd suggest that too avoid more customers developing negative feelings similar to mine that they correct the pricing issue or they can just continue keeping the wrong price printed for the item in the case since they will strictly not honor it anyhow. I suppose I'll just have to start shopping somewhere were they can actually put the right price were it belongs next to the right item(s).

De
Feb 11, 2019

Comments

• Jj
      1st of Mar, 2019

I live 2 blocks from Safeway and have shopped there the last 10 yrs. Needless to say I was not happy about the merger with Albertsons at 1st but as time went along it was ok as they didn't make an big undesirable changes. Two weeks ago I received the weekly ads & was very disappointed to see Safeway & Albertsons as one ad. Now this week they have completely changed the items on sale platform & are now doing something I really really detest "MUST BUY 5 ITEMS" to get the sale price. So, if the ad has only 2 items I want in the must buy 5 to get the sale price I'm SOL? If this is what is going to be the norm now at Safeway, no $5 Fridays, very limited amount of Just for You digital coupons, you've lost my business. Two blocks away or not, I'll be going the 2 miles to Trader Joe's.