Albertsonsdenied check cashing

I went to albertsons to cash a check and upon doing so the cashier gave me a slip of paper telling me that I was on this certegy system, after several attempts of trying to contact these people by telephone I was never able to reach anyone, I have never been nor will I ever write any bad checks so this system is bogus even though I can't recall the company the check was drawn on I know it was good, and I have never written a bad check in my life. Please advise me on how to get off of this system its destroying my life. Also ruining me financially.

• Ju
    Julie2003 Jan 10, 2010

You need to call them with the information that the cashier gave you. Sometimes certegy rejects your checks for no reason even though they are aware that your never written a bad check. Your check being rejected means that your either in their system, or they are just rejecting the check for reasons unknown. Examples: new checking account, writing a lot of checks, never written a check before (I got reject for this reason once), or because they are scared of losing money and don't mind pissing off honest people who haven't done anything wrong.

• Se
    seafox Jun 11, 2010

Well, the Last stand Albertsons has reached a new LOW in its deli/hot food department. At 6:30 pm on a friday the hot food section which usually stocks an astounding 4 choices (sarcasm), hit a new low by having the entire racks cleaned out with the exeption of a few scraps of dried chicken and a couple of questionable hot franks. Now this in itself shows poor planning because of the friday night rush, but there was not even any being prepped to replace the missing lot.

A large group of customers where there examining this forensic crime scene, and not a worker was in sight exept for one person cleaning the equipment in back. Remembering this was on a friday at 6:30, it is to be assumes that they are getting a head start on closing the deli..which by chance is not scheduled until 8pm.

I guess in the case of this store, Albertsons has totally written off the quality of the store..and is waiting for it to die naturally.
    It would provide a better view to the customers if they were to just close the deli and build a wall in front of it.
    The deli has a worse selection than the little liquor store up the street.
    I found it incredable that a major chain could even let a store get into this condition.

They should look to the incredable selection of the RALPHS up the street in Hillcrest. A place i plan to move my buisness to..

leo

• Er
    Errot Nov 17, 2010

Parked a refrigerated trailer behind their store to warehouse more thanksgiving goods in.

Reefer unit is way to loud, it actually vibrates my house everytime it comes on.

Been there for 12 days now, Have called store manager twice, both times he promised something would be done right away. NOTHING happened, called the Saginaw police and filed a noise complaint, store manager promised police he would fix problem, that was a week ago, and nothing. Contacted corporate headquarters last Friday, they promised to reply to my email within 24 hours, 3 1/2 days later nothing!!!

Albertsons puts extra profit above neighbors suffering.

• Ro
    robert cummins Apr 13, 2014

in last 12 month. I put in 8 job appt at albertson grocery store. then I herd nothing from then. I like to know there is job opening right now. I work for albertson 8 year and 8 month. I was the best hard worker they ever had. I never complaint about my work. I have no complaint from costomer . all them was in riverside ca . there albertson on 3520 adam st riverside ca. they close down in june 1995. and I never got tranfer to another albertson store. I like to work at albertson store they own me a job. there is any job opening at albertson store on 10700 ustick right now. all I want work at albertson all over again. I am every hard worker. from robert cummins

• Re
    redhatterb71 Apr 13, 2014

Maybe it is your poor grammar and capitlaiziation skills that is keeping you from a job with the Albertson grocery stores. There has to be a reason you weren't transferred and they don't owe you a job. Apply for jobs at other stores, and if you won't work anyplace else that must mean you don't need a job very badly.

• Be
    Bellamie Apr 13, 2014

No one owes you a job. You haven't worked there since 1995 and you think that 19 years later they should just hire you because you used to work for a store that they closed down? You have sent in 8 applications and never received a response. Maybe that should tell you something. Seek employment elsewhere. They don't want you, for one reason or another. Just because they have job openings, doesn't mean they are going to take you.

• Be
    Becca R Apr 13, 2014

They don't have to hire you if they don't want to. They don't owe you anything. You have applied eight times in the last year. Take the hint. Why do you have to work at Albertson's? There are so many other companies out there.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices