Albertsons Market / check denial

My wife and I have shopped Albertson for over 3 years. We bought app. $100.00 worth of food and when we checked out, found my check had been denied. All the groceries that had already been bagged had to be returened. It was the most embarrasing moment of my life.

N  15th of Aug, 2010 by
Yesterday I bought 6 ears of sweet corn at Albertson's Food Store in Cut Bank, Mt. I did not tear the husks off before buying them, but when i did at home I found that every one of them was rotten! Underneath the husks were large areas of kernels that were gooey, pink, with small black spots. They were also way over mature with very large kernels. Cut off all the bad areas and cooked a few. They were tasteless, chewy and unfit for human food. We have no choice. Albertson's is the only food store we have here.

Dolores Broberg

Cut Bank, Mt.
N  12th of Sep, 2017 by
With a denied check the cashier should have given you a Certegy piece of paper (almost like a business card). We have no control over if a check is accepted or denied. And it isn't your fault nor the cashiers and it happens more often than not.
It can be denied because the bank didn't agree to it. Or there wasn't an established account for the checks, this usually happens if you write one or two checks total. Or if you Drivers license as been changed. It could also have been declined if you asked for money over the allowed amount. There are many reasons it could have been declined and unfortunately the computer doesn't tell us. It just declines it. I work in Customer Service and trust me, it does happen a lot or a person forgot their card or the card was declined. The workers will take care of it, and if they are seasoned workers like myself (11 years), they shouldn't bat an eye but just do their job. At least once a week we have to return a full cart of stuff. Don't worry about it, it's not your fault nor Albertsons fault

Albertsons Logo Albertsons