Albertsonscashier's inappropriate political conversation

I dropped into my local Albertsons after a long night at work, as I often do, to purchase flowers for my parents' anniversary. There were perhaps two other customers in the store, one cashier, and his bagging assistant. I took the flowers to check out and stood behind a gentleman who was in the process of paying.

The conversation between the cashier and this customer made me very uncomfortable. The cashier's comments were demeaning to women, to President Obama, and particularly to anyone who recently exercised their 1st Amendment right to free speech by marching and protesting against what can fairly be described as a divisive election.

The cashier and the customer were in agreement about the topic of discussion, and I can't say how the conversation started because I was not present at that moment; however, the cashier appeared to have let his guard down by the time I was in line, and appeared oblivious to the fact that there might be others who would take offense to his comments, such as:

"All the women's march did was create trash"

"8 years of Obama, and I never [complained on the job]"

"People should suck it up and get over it"

At best, these comments are insensitive; at worst, misogynistic, ignorant, and wholly inappropriate.

I think it would be prudent to remind employees to be more mindful of their conversations during business hours, particularly when customers are present. I will certainly go out of my way to avoid this store in the future, as I do not appreciate my grocery store clerk causing my blood to boil.

Furthermore, such comments from an employee (likely a manager) wearing your company's uniform, and acting in the scope of duty, gives the appearance that the company condones his behavior and views. I certainly never thought of Albertsons as closed-minded before, but now I can't say I won't ever make that association.

Had there been an equally convenient place to purchase flowers at that time of night, I surely would have returned the flowers to the bin and walked out without making a purchase.

That very well might be the last time I spend my hard-earned money at your store.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,