Albertsons / beware and stay away

I can understand the frustration of bad customer service but when management and the owners main focused is to cut labor that means less help and more WORK LOAD for all the emlpoyees that are considered full time, then I hope you can understand why it almost always seemed like you are a bother.

When you worry that you get yelled at the next day for not doing your job because you spend all of your day pointing products for customers, either way, the company just makes you feel bad about yourself and so does the customer.

The management tells you drop everything that you are doing for every customer but they take away all the help so you can ran your department smoothly - the company is itself is a NAZI operated business. Because of the economy you are forced to keep a job that makes you feel worthless no matter how hard you work everyday, at the end of the day, you don't get BREAKS and no COMPLIMENTS.

Ed

Comments

• Tw
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I used to work for them as well. Over worked ... no breaks or lunches ... made several hotline complaints.. temp fixed ... then back to being over worked... to the point I quit after watching my own supervisor take TWO lunches opposed to my NONE... worse company to work for...

• Wo
      11th of Jul, 2011
    Albertsons - raw baked goods
    Albertsons
    Eugene
    Oregon

I returned bakery cookies because they were raw, Then had to go back to return the sour milk I purchased the same day. They have the worse quality food of all the grocery store chains. I will never go back because this is not the first time I've been unhappy with the quality.

• Re
      30th of Apr, 2014

The store director does not get his bonus if the store goes over the budgeted workable hours (often decreased when sales are low), therefore, cutting employee hours is necessary for said directors to achieve that bonus.
    I don't think they care that the employee that loses hours has a family that is depending on that "full-time" paycheck every week.
    Too many times have I gone home exhausted after my shift, because I have to do the work of three people. Cut and tray the meat, wrap the meat, put the meat out, refresh the counter, break the butcher block, unload the truck and put out the ready-to-eat meals and fill the chicken set, grind more hamburger, cut more sale items, take care of the customer who wants a special cut of meat (which is not the problem)... And then clean up the meat room and go home so I can do it all over again tomorrow night.
    As long as the work is being done, and I don't go over my scheduled hours, I won't get written up. If I go over my time, I'm called into the office (next time might be my last).
    But it doesn't stop there. They won't fire you. No, because then, you could collect unemployment. Instead, they either take you off the schedule or give you five to eight hours a week, just to cover their butts.
    Take my advice. Don't go to work for this company. I do it because I have time vested in the company and I'm a workaholic.